Maciccio

There is a command for ...

Hello everybody.  

Is there a console command, or a file modification, to block the vote that makes a player server administrator?  I would like only those with the administrator password to become one.  And one more thing ... Is it also possible to block the player's request to become a high commander?  I would like only the server owner and therefore administrator to become one

2 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Thanks for the quick reply.
Does this work to disable admin, high commander voting, or both?
Now I can't try because I've had an active mission for a few days and I don't want to interrupt it.
Does it work if I enter the command in console?

allowedVoteCmds[] = {
	{"admin", false, false, 0.5}
};

this in server.cfg, disables voting for admin.

High commander is something dependent on and implemented in the mission you are playing/hosting. It is not a global Arma 3 feature or setting, so you'll have to refer to mission author as to what control there is over that.

2 hours ago, Janez said:

allowedVoteCmds[] = {
	{"admin", false, false, 0.5}
};

this in server.cfg, disables voting for admin.

High commander is something dependent on and implemented in the mission you are playing/hosting. It is not a global Arma 3 feature or setting, so you'll have to refer to mission author as to what control there is over that.

So to do this I would have to make a patch file and do everything as a mod? Or just put the server.cfg in the mpmission folder? I wouldn't want to make a mod for that

34 minutes ago, Maciccio said:

So to do this I would have to make a patch file and do everything as a mod? Or just put the server.cfg in the mpmission folder? I wouldn't want to make a mod for that

For this high commander you speak of, I don't know. It entirely depends on what mission you are playing. Chances are, there is a setting for that in mission parameters though.

As for server admin voting... that is the setting that controls it via server.cfg configuration file that you use to set up your server. Really, just read the aforementioned documentation on how to set a server up properly.

50 minutes ago, Janez said:

For this high commander you speak of, I don't know. It entirely depends on what mission you are playing. Chances are, there is a setting for that in mission parameters though.

As for server admin voting... that is the setting that controls it via server.cfg configuration file that you use to set up your server. Really, just read the aforementioned documentation on how to set a server up properly.

thank you. I have to learn many things