Sign in to follow this  
Smokejumper

Buying game question

Getting ready to buy game. Steam has the game for 30 by itself or 100 something  with all add ons. What do I need to get the full experience. I have Mercer played before. 

Buy the base game now if you're keen, then get DLCs when they're on sale. That's what I've always done anyway, and not because I don't think they're worth it. I just don't spend a lot of money on games (you know, family etc). If this is the kind of game you like though then they're definitely worth it. 

Also, you can usually use/try most things that are locked DLC, as most are already included. You will just get a "reminder" of some kind (icon, splash screen, etc) to nudge or annoy you to buy/unlock it if you use it for too long.

• Like 2

In addition to everything said above, if you buy the base game on its own you can often save a bit more on bundles that include it due to the fact you already own part of the content. It doesn't always work out but I saved £5 buying the Arma3 ultimate bundle (or whatever it called) just so I could get the Contact DLC as I already owned everything else when compared with buying the Contact DLC on its own...