chrisbaker1981

AI fall through floor

So ive got some AI dudes set to climb up some stairs and walk around the high walkways inside a shed, works totally fine when i spectate.

When i play in singleplayer mode to test they just fall through the floor as soon as they get to the top of the stairs, then they come round limping like morons and try again.

Weird that when i spectate it works but when i play it doesnt...

Anyone know of a good way of fixing this?

Ive tried adding in more features like planks to try block up any tiny holes they may try and fall through.

Almost need some script that forces the AI to stay on track no matter what, so even if they feel like falling through the floor they wont..

This is the most annoying thing ive found so far for sure!!!!

So if i play as a civilian and place myself right next to the action, the AI dudes walk fine up the stairs and to their destination on the high walk ways. 

If i play as my normal self and stand far away watching with binos, then they fall through the floor as soon as they get to the top of the stairs. Heaven help me!

Im gonna loose the plot soon.

Once they reach the top you can attach them and detach them to an invisible object. Might not look splendid but it will work. Or try to place an invisible block so as for them not to be able to fall through.

34 minutes ago, JohnKalo said:

Once they reach the top you can attach them and detach them to an invisible object. Might not look splendid but it will work. Or try to place an invisible block so as for them not to be able to fall through.

Mmmm sounds like a good idea, i got so fed up with it I've done something else 😁 ill give that a go though to see what happens..