kvntvan

Deleting terrain objects when the hide object module doesn't work

Is there anyway to delete objects that don't have a class name and aren't deleted by the hide objects module?

In the campaign I'm running, my guys just destroyed a bridge. It didn't actually blow up in game so I told them that I'd just get rid of it in the editor for next time, but when I use the hide terrain object module it doesn't disappear, and when I try to find a class name to reference so I can delete it other ways, no class name exists. It seems the bridge is just built into the terrain. Is there anyway to get rid of it or do I just have my players pretend that its destroyed?

this is the bridge in question.

sdffg.jpg

place a trigger on the river, near the bridge (or on it):

NOT server only

condition: TRUE

on activation: { hideObject (getPos thisTrigger nearestObject _x) } forEach [138759,138760,138761,139106,139107,139108,139109,139176,138721,138722,138723,139110,139111,139112,139113];

Et voilà

• Thanks 1

*EDIT* Nevermind, all I had to do was delete the semicolon and it did NOT delete the other bridges so great it works perfectly. Thank you very much!

hmmm that works. So, delete this code and rewrite it manually. There must be an invalid hidden character somewhere (known BI forum bug by copying/pasting)

As you can see, your code error added a call {} wrapping the code (for nuts).

Spoiler

If you don't succeed in, close the mission, edit the mission.sqm (not binarized of course), find for 139113, you should hit this line. remove the call {} and keep the core of the code.

39 minutes ago, kvntvan said:

*EDIT* Nevermind, all I had to do was delete the semicolon and it did NOT delete the other bridges so great it works perfectly. Thank you very much!

Ah OK, saw that lately. No, if you want to delete another (non-object) you need to find the 3den id. That's returned in console by cursorObject (in the p3D model), or, while in editor, run on debug console:  do3DENAction "ToggleMapIDs";

• Thanks 1

Nice map btw. I didn't know RHS made it. Perhaps, they have some Viet army project. I'm more on Unsung but I'll check for new RHS units if any.

its not made from RHS, its made from some guy named bludklot and I think he unofficially joined RHS later on after making that map so he changed the name. I don't think RHS has any plans to make Vietnam era units.