TomOZ

Custom Backpack Model & Texturing/UV Issues?

Hi All,

I'm new to texturing and messing around with different mats, maps, etc with Arma, so i don't really know what's going on here. Currently, I'm trying to figure out why my model always has the same stretched and scuffed areas on the models texture even though they are all using different UV maps?

I'll show some screenshots showing different textures and maps being used, but no matter what the same areas on the model are disgusting (ignore the actual textures, they're only there for testing this issue)

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/smCrKS7

Furthermore, its almost like it hasn't even changed from the very first prototype UV I did - even though they're different maps that have been exported from blender (each model has a different and modified unwrapped blender .png), then into paint (to apply the crap textures), then changed into the .paa's for the game.

At the top of the backpack models, they're constantly being stretched, I just don't understand why and how - Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Tom.

Could be a selection/weighting issue. Looks like it may be stretching some vertices/faces from the top of the pack into one of the lower spine selections (Spine2 or 3).

• Thanks 1

Hey once again Jackal 😊

Thanks for replaying promptly as always,

I actually just figured it out this morning after going down some rabbit holes and finding nothing over the past week, and found the issue was actually (as thought) inside Blender.

I didn't even realise but i had a second UV layer activated, which was invisible but was always being rendered and picked as the 'active' layer whenever i exported the P3D model,

so essentially it was exporting a sneaky broken UV map when I though for sure I was exporting my re-worked ones - because the texture worked and looked 100% perfect inside blender,

but when I clicked the export button it changed the map, and then when it went into Arma 3 it was completely different, so i was loosing my mind for a little bit.

But nevertheless its sorted, so a big thanks to you anyway for helping me out, again.

Cheers, Tom.

• Like 1