CandiBacon

Cannot join any arma 3 server

Basically I mainly play on altis life role play servers and I have quite a few hundred hours on one. Anyway this week I went to go and join the server and it won't let me select my role as a civilian, just thought it might be slow so I disconnect and reconnect. I can load up to the select role screen no problem on most servers but I cannot select a role to load on to the server fully. I have tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it, that didn't work. Tried deleting workshop content and redownloading that but still didn't work. Deleted mods from a takistan life mod that I no longer played on but still can not select a role no matter what. 

The only thing that I can think of is that I ran the program CCLeaner the other day as I was told it would free up some space on the pc. Would it of gotten rid of something that is giving me the ability to join the server again? I am just so lost on what to do and it has really frustrated me. 

Has anyone had any issues like this before, I would really appreciate some help with this 

5 hours ago, CandiBacon said:

[...]

The only thing that I can think of is that I ran the program CCLeaner the other day as I was told it would free up some space on the pc. Would it of gotten rid of something that is giving me the ability to join the server again?

[...]

No.

If you run arma without mods, can you join the official servers and select a role there? 

Yeah I am able to join an official server no problem, able to select a role and play without issue. 

30 minutes ago, CandiBacon said:

Yeah I am able to join an official server no problem, able to select a role and play without issue. 

Then its a mod/server/desync issue.

Can you join any other servers with the same modset? 

Can't seem to join any unofficial servers with the same modset, tried a few different ones. Tried last night after 12am restart and for some reason I was able to join and play for a few hours, but when I came on today just to check I cannot join. Seems so odd that I can join after 12am but wont let me play at peak hours when people are on

24 minutes ago, CandiBacon said:

Can't seem to join any unofficial servers with the same modset, tried a few different ones. Tried last night after 12am restart and for some reason I was able to join and play for a few hours, but when I came on today just to check I cannot join. Seems so odd that I can join after 12am but wont let me play at peak hours when people are on

Sounds to me like a desync/lag issue. How fast is your connection? Have you noticed websites taking longer to load than at other times as well? Might be your ISP is throttling your connection at these "peak" times?

Typically get about 37mb up and 10mb down, never had an issue up until last week. Yeah funny enough have noticed some websites slowing down but never really thought about it 

I suggest getting in touch with whoever hosts the server, they're probably in a better position to try to fix this issue. 

Just off the phone with them and they said everything is okay on the broadband side of things. Going to give my friend my details to log on to the account on his pc to see if its my account perhaps