Sign in to follow this  
FluffyPlays

[HELP] Game FPS Issues

I am having very bad fps issues with my game, and I have spent days troubleshooting it and trying to fix it.  I have an intel i7 6700, GTX 1660 Super, 16gb ram, and I have my game downloaded on a hard drive.  I am getting low 10s to high 20s, and never going above 25.  I have set my nvidia control panel options to the most optimized, I have set my power plan to an optimized power plan, I have set my Arma config file to the most optimized settings as well, but my game is still unplayable.  If you know what is wrong with my game and can help please comment or you can contact me on discord as well FluffyPlays22#6764 
My drivers are also up to date.  I also used to get high 60s to 80s a year ago, on the same CPU but worse GPU.  

Hello, Welcome to BI Forums!

Some questions if you can answer them:

1. What is the speed mhz of your ram?
  2. What kind of PSU do you have how many watts?
  3. Your hard drive its a HDD as in a disc or an SSD?
  4. How recent was the change in fps, was it like this when you got your new gpu, or have you noticed anything else prior before the fps starting getting or got worse?
  5. What are your video settings set at, more especially the view distance, and object distance?
  6. When you are playing and experiencing the FPS loss, or lower fps what are you playing? - On a server, public server like Koth, in editor, in own mission, in downloaded mission?
  7. When your playing whats happening when you notice the fps loss, is it after explosions, spawning of alot of AI, looking at certain things?
  8. Does this happen in vanilla, with mods or both?
  9. Can you provide an rpt of your latest game with the low fps, your rpt can be found here --->  C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

You can open the rpt with notepad, open it copy it all, and paste it into a spoiler here, or paste it here ---> https://justpaste.it/

publish it, and then paste the link here.

What is the speed mhz of your ram? 2666 Mhz

What kind of PSU do you have how many watts? 650Watt 80+ bronze

Your hard drive its a HDD as in a disc or an SSD? I have it on a HDD 

How recent was the change in fps, was it like this when you got your new gpu, or have you noticed anything else prior before the fps starting getting or got worse? There have been no changes to my system I just installed the game again, and now my fps is very low with the same hardware I had before, and before I used to get 60s to 80s on high and very high.  

What are your video settings set at, more especially the view distance, and object distance? My video settings are 2000 overall 700 object and 100 shadows, with high and very high settings because that is what gives me the most fps.  

When you are playing and experiencing the FPS loss, or lower fps what are you playing? - On a server, public server like Koth, in editor, in own mission, in downloaded mission? I am getting bad fps losses on singleplayer, and multiplayer even on the editor.  

When your playing whats happening when you notice the fps loss, is it after explosions, spawning of alot of AI, looking at certain things? It just lags with no AI without any AI or cars I got around 50 but if I spawn a single car in the editor it drops to 30 and below.  

Does this happen in vanilla, with mods or both? Both.  

Can you provide an rpt of your latest game with the low fps, your rpt can be found here --->  C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3 https://justpaste.it/6dyxw

Here is also a screenshot with my settings on autodetect on the Old Man scenario https://gyazo.com/c8b40be3e2a66ee3a33364b265283025

Thanks for the info.

Tip - When you reply just highlight what you want to quote and a quote message will pop up, and you can paste it into your reply, then reply to that, or just press

the " quote button and copy what you want to quote, makes for a cleaner neater reply.

Getting to your issue, as for the RPT, you need to enable logs in the arma3 launcher prior to starting the game,

go to parameters, and uncheck the box that says [ ] no logs  when you do that a full rpt gets generated so any issues, errors, conflicts what have you will be

put into the rpt, if you have logs off (box checked) then your rpt will look like it does currently linked.

More questions:

• When was the last time you defragmented your hard drive?
  • How full is your harddrive like how much space do you have left on it?
  • You have money to upgrade to an SSD? As an SSD would help eliminate any stuttering, and enable faster loading of files.
  • Speed mhz of your ram being  2666 Mhz is ok but if you can overclock it to say 3000 you should see a bit of increase in performance not much but enough, upgrading would be ideal something your able to do?
  • You have latest graphics card driver?
  • Do you have any programs running in the background while playing?
  • Have you tried running the game without your current startup parameters other then -nosplash?

13 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

https://justpaste.it/8slif There is the RPT for reference I was on the Old Man scenario again and I just drove out of the town and into a field.  

• When was the last time you defragmented your hard drive? About 5 months ago but I also tried it on my SSD and I only got 5 fps more.  
  • How full is your hard drive like how much space do you have left on it? I have 192 gb of space left on my hard drive.  
  • You have money to upgrade to an SSD? As an SSD would help eliminate any stuttering, and enable faster loading of files. 
  • Speed mhz of your ram being  2666 Mhz is ok but if you can overclock it to say 3000 you should see a bit of increase in performance not much but enough, upgrading would be ideal something your able to do? I might be able to overclock my ram I'll look into it after I post this.  
  • You have latest graphics card driver? Yes I have the latest drivers for my gpu
  • Do you have any programs running in the background while playing? I have discord and 2 chrome tabs open but that usually has little impact, or next to none if they are closed.  
  • Have you tried running the game without your current startup parameters other then -nosplash? Yes I tried it on my ssd and I got worse performance.  

52 minutes ago, FluffyPlays said:

About 5 months ago but I also tried it on my SSD and I only got 5 fps more.  

Suggest if you plan on using your HDD to defragment it at least once a month, or move to the SSD and not use the HDD.

A fragmented HDD makes things load slower, a gain in 5fps is pretty substantial if your sitting at 35fps imo for the SSD should use that instead.

Ya overclock your ram a little, test, overclock again, there is a procedure for it, you need to test to make sure the ram sticks themselves arent getting hot

after you have overclocked them, so overclock it a little, test, and then open your case and touch the ram sticks, if ok then go from there.

I would suggest if you want a clearer understanding, and probably better advice, is to ask the experts here

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187603-will-my-pc-run-arma3-what-cpugpu-to-get-what-settings-what-system-specifications/

the guys you want to shout out to is Oldbear, Groove_c, Tankbuster and some others, these guys know computers in relation to the arma3 engine.

They helped me with my current build in the past and many others over the years.

You could link your thread here as a reference too if it helps.

So about all i can suggest is the following:

1. Move the game to the SSD, HDD will only be slower and eventually cause you problems.
  2. Ram - overclock little bit, dont get carried away with it, suggest you ask Oldbear and Groove_C on their thread first.
  3. Upgrade your ram if possible, double your ram would help, like 32gb, and at 3000, to 3600mhz about what im running and i average 60+fps
  4. Defrag your harddrive once a month, trust me, optimization makes a difference.
  5. Get on that thread linked, they can better help you.

Hope that helps. Cheers!