Sign in to follow this  
nopulse

Black barons ufo

I've been waiting for Black Baron to release his UFO, and OMG its sweet. Well worth the wait IMHO.

Black Barons

I just finished giving this baby a test run and IMHO its sweet! The unique sounds are sweet, like the alien engine and the laser fire smile.gif  And you can actually turn it invisible!  You can't see it on the map or in plain view.  Its totally invisible!  I liked the neat cursor he made for the laser sight tounge.gif  And it can carry 40 people!

Even though some of you may not think it has a place in OFP, I still think he did a great job on it and its pretty sweet IMHO.

Hope he doesn't mind me posting his release of it on here.

Edit: ScreenShots

External View

UFO_1.jpg

Internal View

UFO_2.jpg

Now you see it!

UFO_3.jpg

Now you Don't!

UFO_4.jpg

ask him.

just gave it a few minute test and i can say he did a nice job with it. liked the laser cannon. very nice if you shoot it as fast as you can smile.gif

one thing that annoys me is that when i ejected mid-air, i was placed in the linens of the chute and upon the chute reaching ground, i fell and got injured in my leg.

Just don't put the UFO in hover mode and then eject like I did. The UFO came crashing down ontop of me LOL!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nopulse @ Jan. 27 2003,02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just don't put the UFO in hover mode and then eject like I did.  The UFO came crashing down ontop of me LOL!<span id='postcolor'>

If I were you, I would apply this to any and every flying vehicle in OFP. tounge.gif

any screenshots?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 27 2003,11:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">any screenshots?<span id='postcolor'>

I see them! I see them! Really! So help me! In the sky, above! wow.gif

"Secret entrance to the ship (find it smile.gif" the good news is i found it. . . .the bad news is. . i donnu how i found it or how to do it again. . .but i can tell u this much. . . .if u stand under the ship directly int eh middel. . .u get sucked up into the ship. . . but i cant get it to do it agaqin. .so theres a clue if anyone can get exatly how to do it. .let me know wink.gif

Its not really a secret entrance though. Cuz the only way to get into the ship is underneath like you mentioned. You get sucked up, which is neat IMHO.

One thing though, its hard to fly it at night, especially in invisible mode. There is no light on the craft so it makes it very hard to see whats infront of you. Spooky smile.gif

Hopefully Black Baron will continue making new modifications to his UFO and perhaps make a few more, like the infamous Triangle UFO

UFO-P-12.jpg

Add an Island that looks like nevada with a big airbase and you can make a mission like infiltrate area 51 wink.gif

We need new soldier models with 6 arms, four legs, two heads and fancy weapons biggrin.gif

Aye, i second that!

Btw, i don't like the laser. I've always tought it should be moore "boom" (like tank maingun) when they detonate, but longer reload time, atleast for such a large craft. Blackbaron could then make a smaller ufo with faster firing guns. And also the AI doesnt seem to target it, wich makes my 50s ufo movie Army vs. UFOs battle impossible (well, not impossible, but not very even).

I agree...not much use if the AI can't attack the UFO's. sad.gif

By the way...did anyone notice the table inside the UFO that the first "cargo" unit rests on? The term "alien anal probe" comes to mind when I look at it. Scary...very scary!

crazy.gif

crazy.gif

crazy.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 27 2003,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The term "alien anal probe" comes to mind when I look at it.  Scary...very scary!<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif

genevievebidetpic.gif

wow.gif

Yeah. Bidettes give me the creeps, to! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nopulse @ Jan. 27 2003,10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hopefully Black Baron will continue making new modifications to his UFO and perhaps make a few more, like the infamous Triangle UFO

UFO-P-12.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

infamous? I've never actually heard of this before.

someone should make the war of the worlds movie UFO.

Friggin' impossible to blow it down !"#"!#%#¤%"#! !"# mad.gif

Otherwise it's really good, can't wait till someone makes an alien biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 27 2003,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nopulse @ Jan. 27 2003,10wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hopefully Black Baron will continue making new modifications to his UFO and perhaps make a few more, like the infamous Triangle UFO

someone should make the war of the worlds movie UFO.<span id='postcolor'>

I saw some program where this thing like this appeared. They claimed it too be some kind of U.S. black project. It was filmed by three different camera's at different locations in st. Petersburg (if I remember that correctly).

And about the six armed alien. Is this ok too? (no six arms though)

tyranid1.gif

Ya the triangle UFO has been seen a lot by UFO chasers. Who knows, it could be the next Gen of Stealth Fighters/Bombers. When the Stealth Bomber and Fighter were being tested at Area 51 back in the 70's I believe, anyone that saw a glimpse of it would have thought it was an alien craft. Which is what I believe 50% of what UFO's are, secret government aircraft that have no been declassified yet!

Black Baron is actually making an UFO addon pack, complete with aliens smile.gif I hope he makes the grey aliens smile.gif

Independance Day Mod would be cool. Be interesting to actually fight those things. Wouldn't be able to make one of those city sized UFOs though

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Jan. 27 2003,22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 27 2003,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nopulse @ Jan. 27 2003,10<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hopefully Black Baron will continue making new modifications to his UFO and perhaps make a few more, like the infamous Triangle UFO

someone should make the war of the worlds movie UFO.<span id='postcolor'>

I saw some program where this thing like this appeared. They claimed it too be some kind of U.S. black project. It was filmed by three different camera's at different locations in st. Petersburg (if I remember that correctly).

And about the six armed alien. Is this ok too? (no six arms though)

tyranid1.gif<span id='postcolor'>

the only acceptable alien is a gray. biggrin.gif

sry cant type well eating tacos.

oh and heres some proof:

http://www.majesticdocuments.com/documents/photos.html