Sign in to follow this  
nopulse

Black barons ufo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Steameh @ Jan. 28 2003,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will attempt to demystify these phenomina;

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually I've seen a real one when I was young.  A perfect black disk going over my house at about 2,000 ft, travelling rather leisurely across a bright blue sky in the middle of the afternoon at perhaps 180mph or so.<span id='postcolor'> - frisbee

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah. i saw one once too, in 1997 or 1998. the one i saw was a row of 8 orange lights.<span id='postcolor'> - was it christmas time?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was on my computer late at night (about 11PM), and when I looked out the window I saw a yellowish object hovering still for a moment, and then it just dissappeared.<span id='postcolor'> - fire flies

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I saw an orange UFO while on a flight to Florida about 19 years ago.<span id='postcolor'> - jet lag

NOTE: This isnt an attempt to get at u, just trying rational explinations.

Wierdest thing i saw was on a tv prog where they showed amature footage of a white streak of light narrowly miss an MD-90 on approach. Keep watching the skies.<span id='postcolor'>

Uh...if that's not an attempt to get at me, then I don't know what is.  No it was sure as hell not a frisbee.  I was young but still intelligent enough to know the difference between a frisbee (which I owned several of as a kid) and black disk moving at about 1,800 ft in the air in the middle of the afternoon.   You may blow off everyone who's ever seen them as all idiots but then that's your loss being so close-minded to people who may have experienced something that goes contrary to human understanding of the universe.  Yes there are nuts who run around thinking that every satellite they see in the night sky is an alien spacecraft or that every airplane flying at night is a UFO, but I assure you that I am not one of those people.  I've also seen other very strange objects in the sky but I would hesitate to call them UFO's because there were other explanations that perhaps were possible.   But that black disk I saw when I was a kid was most defintely well outside of any logical explanation.  It was just so blatant...no fuzzy lights, no blurry view, just a perfect black disk moving quietly across a wide open sky (passing directly over my head) and over a large distance until I lost view of it.      

Again I'm not asking you to believe me.   But passing me off as someone who doesn't know the difference between a frisbee and a large object flying across several miles is basically you calling me an idiot and not worth believing.  

I don't even know what it was.  I only know it was something very bizarre and very memorable.  But believe what you wish.  I respect your belief that things beyond our understanding can't happen.    That's a safe and comfortable belief system that you have.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Apparently you don't have a sense of humour. He was

obviously kidding around.

Well one thing is for sure, we can not be the ONLY species in the universe.  It would be a waste of space if it was.

Personally I think the Roswell cover-up is true.  Something did crash in the desert, and it wasn't from Earth.

BUt IMHO I don't think mankind is mature enough or rather, ready to know that we are not alone. Why?  Well we can't even get along with others on this planet.  Also introducing that there is life on other planets would change a lot of things, ie religion etc.

When mankind is ready to know the truth, we will be told. But IMHO we are far from ready to know, especially with wars still happening.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nopulse @ Jan. 29 2003,10:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well one thing is for sure, we can not be the ONLY species in the universe.  It would be a waste of space if it was.

Personally I think the Roswell cover-up is true.  Something did crash in the desert, and it wasn't from Earth.

BUt IMHO I don't think mankind is mature enough or rather, ready to know that we are not alone. Why?  Well we can't even get along with others on this planet.  Also introducing that there is life on other planets would change a lot of things, ie religion etc.

When mankind is ready to know the truth, we will be told.  But IMHO we are far from ready to know, especially with wars still happening.<span id='postcolor'>

Dunno about Roswell except that a lot of fishy stuff went on that don't add up. But I think you're right. As a species we're, in general, very childish. Imagine if we ever learned how to get off this rock and travel to other solar systems and galaxies? If we ran into any other intelligent life, our first instinct would be to start a war with them because they're different then us. That's the human tendency when colonizing frontiers. We'd be like the cocaroaches of the universe spreading like vermin. If we didn't find intelligent life, different planets we colonized would probably start wars with each other. I agree, that any realization that we're not alone in this universe would RADICALLY change religions and there would be incredible conflict because believers could not handle the fact that their religions were in fact really really wrong or perhaps influenced by aliens having some fun passing themselves off as God. LOL!

That's one reasony why I never take written religious texts too literally. I'm sure someone will jump in to tell me that I'm crazy and that Jesus is the way, but please PM me those messages and I'd be happy to discuss theology privately.

Anyways...back to this UFO addon. I agree with others that it would be nice to have it a little bit more manueverable. I suspect that the mass/geometry settings may need some tweaking. But still overall it's not too terrible.

We just need some aliens now to stick in those UFOs.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Imagine if we ever learned how to get off this rock and travel to other solar systems and galaxies? If we ran into any other intelligent life, our first instinct would be to start a war with them because they're different then us. That's the human tendency when colonizing frontiers. We'd be like the cocaroaches of the universe spreading like vermin. <span id='postcolor'>

Am i the only one who this would be a good thing? For sure earht won't last us much longer. Anyhoo, when you sum up mankind's achievement one kind of note that our ability to wage war is pretty extraordinary. For good or bad.

Anyway, does anyone know where i can buy Stinger missiles on the net? No black discs are flying over my yard, and i don't think my trusty old shotgun will be enough to scare em off... tounge.gif

ok shit this is getting OT, anyone wanna make a thread for it in the off-topic forums? Or has there already been one made?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ Jan. 29 2003,02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Jan. 28 2003,22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I saw an orange UFO while on a flight to Florida about 19 years ago.<span id='postcolor'>

Probably just anti-gravity citrus.<span id='postcolor'>

Or maybe a NASA employee on a joy ride after drinking one too many screwdrivers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Jan. 30 2003,01:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ Jan. 29 2003,02wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Jan. 28 2003,22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I saw an orange UFO while on a flight to Florida about 19 years ago.<span id='postcolor'>

Probably just anti-gravity citrus.<span id='postcolor'>

Or maybe a NASA employee on a joy ride after drinking one too many screwdrivers.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nopulse @ Jan. 29 2003,04:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well one thing is for sure, we can not be the ONLY species in the universe. It would be a waste of space if it was.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif LOL... I'm saving this line. (first time I heard that)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Jan. 30 2003,05:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nopulse @ Jan. 29 2003,04:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well one thing is for sure, we can not be the ONLY species in the universe.  It would be a waste of space if it was.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif  LOL... I'm saving this line. (first time I heard that)<span id='postcolor'>

lol, guess you never saw the movie Contact, with Jodie Foster tounge.gif

There was a line in the movie that basically said that if we are the only planet in the universe that has intelligent life, then it would be an awful waste of space. smile.gif

Yes as axe said i was only Joking, no need to take it to heart miles, if i caused offence to anyone, then im sorry. In my opinion if other life exists in the universe (which it almost certainly does) then the only reason they would come in to contact with a backward civilisation like ourselves would surely be for domination, or even worse perhaps anihillation. Frankly i dont like the sound of either of those. On topic, i hope that we see lots more alien, monster addons, i jus love the idea of having an army vs 1 or 2 things that take a lot of hardware to destroy, maybe the gargantua outta HL but bigger, meaner, and a helluva lot stronger, or something out the lotr ( maybe that fire deamon thingy ).

Damn you Black Baron!!

See what you started by making a UFO LMAO..

This thread really took a left turn somewhere.

Anyway I was not expecting to much from this add-on, but I thought it flew pretty good.

A little better than I expected.

Although that laser sound reminds me of a bad 1950's UFO movie smile.gif

GJ overall Baron, its fun to fly biggrin.gif

I forget which movie it is i have it downstairs though. Its a movie that came out in the 1980s and this kid falls down a hill and gets knocked out. But anyways he ends up in this alien ship just like this addon. He sits in a little chair just like the one in the addona and a little eyball comes out of the wall and talks to the kid. And there is like a small lab against the wall full of creatures for specimens. It must be the movie where this addon idea came from.

what? Flight of the Navigator?

Ugh, can you tell I have kids?

(the only reason I would know about such a piece of sticky-sweet "I love you" carebear POS) smile.gif

The link is not working please can anyone give me the link :j:

Edited by MEVLUDIN