Coladebote

Unstable 'show / hide' module

Hello guys:
The 'show / hide' module works perfectly in the editor, but when you move it to the server, sometimes it doesn't work, so it ruins your mission. Someone knows why it happens.

A module that does not have full guarantees that it always works well, it is better not to trust it and, therefore, not to use it. A problem.

Thanks.

I think I have not explained the matter well. The mission includes the Hide / Show modules, associated with units that are activated by a trigger. When I test the mission in the editor it does work. When I put the mission to roll on the server is when it doesn't work. Units are not displayed. It doesn't always happen, but on an IIWW mission it happened to me.

I don't understand this Hide/show moduleS with units...  Do you have a repro? One sure thing: there is a solution for your problem.

Friend Pierre, in this video you can clearly see the example.

Thanks for your interest. You know I admire you a lot.

Ah OK, thank you for sharing. I was on other modules. Anyway, I had a look at yours. BI created this show/hide with global commands. That means your trigger should be "server only".

And, your area is a little bit too fin (1m) That could lead to fail with a BLUFOR in vehicle because he needs to be present (his position) in area during a 0.5 sec slot (time between 2 checks of the trigger's condition). 10m doesn't hurt, imho.

• Thanks 1