arma_max

Prevent supply drop on parachute to drift off

Hi,

I have a supply crate attached to a chute and when I spawn it, all goes well but with the small issue that the parachute is always drifting far off from the player's position (I spawn it on top of the player). I have already turned the wind down to 0 but it is still drifting … Is there any way to make sure that the parachute more or less just falls straight downwards without any drift? I'd like to avoid a situation where the player has to walk 5 miles to get to the supplies …

_para = "B_Parachute_02_F";
_smokeShell = "SmokeShellRed";

_vehicle = "B_supplyCrate_F" createVehicle (getPos player);
_vehicle setPosATL (_vehicle modelToWorld[5,5,100]);

_DropPos1 = getpos _vehicle;

_chute1 = createVehicle [_para, _DropPos1, [], 0, "NONE"];

_vehicle attachTo [_chute1, [0, 0, 1]];

_smoke = _smokeShell createVehicle position _vehicle;
_smoke attachTo [_vehicle,[0,0,0]];

There is no real drift without wind. 50m at most. If you spawn more than 1 crate, due to attached smoke, the chutes seem to collide (with smoke cartridge in fact), then you can have a drift. That doesn't occur if no smoke (or attached things).   With smokes, if the drops are spaced enough, there is no significant drift.

I used Mando Chute (with a bit of editing) in A2 with great success.  I'm sure it would work just as well in A3.
Script could be updated for newer commands, but you can build off of the idea.

Ok, I finally sorted it out

Do NOT use Steerable_Parachute_F if you want to drop a supply crate or vehicle. Without actual operator that chute always drifts off …

B_Parachute_02_F is doing a better job but since its so big and slows down the fall pretty well, there is still some drift.

NonSteerable_Parachute_F is way smaller and just falls straight down - best choice IMO for precise drops 🙂

• Thanks 1