Sign in to follow this  
IBOPM

Paradropping vehicles & just letting vehicles fall

I have a dream. I want to have a mission, where you're 008 and then you're going to murder 007.

Anyway, I need to know how (using only the init field and no scripting in notepad) to have a car (Mini) start off falling in the sky, just like HALO. then afterwards, the mini will have a parachute. The mini will then be safely guided down by the parachute. And then I want to be able to drive the car when I land. and my mission will go on and on.

1)My real question is how do you (using the init field only) start a vehicle or a person up really really high.

2)And my second question is if it is possible (with only init field) to have the car(Mini) deploy a parachute. I'm so new that I haven't figured out how to use  FlyInHeight (because I start at the same height all the time when I set it to 500, it starts at 50) and setPos (I just don't get how to use it).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

[EDIT]: I forgot to add that I've searched lots of tutorials on the subject and never got an answer. This forum is my last resort.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IBOPM @ Jan. 27 2003,02:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1)My real question is how do you (using the init field only) start a vehicle or a person up really really high.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this setPos [(position this) select 0,(position this) select 1,(position this select 2) + 100]

<span id='postcolor'>

It make start object 100 meters above its original position.

There's no need for parachutes, the car wont get destroyed when hitting the ground.

I placed a jeep 1600 meters above ground and it landed saftely(safe?) and I drove off, quite an impressive airdrop.

Some units such as tanks and other armoured vehicles does not respond to the select 2 + x script.

I read on the http://www.ofpec.com/editors/index.php site some script which attached units(objects) to other units(objects)

Just make sure that the scripts you download from that site are compatible with your current version of OPF.

i.e. "Resistance" wont work on "Cold War Crisis"

Thx, and I'll try that site. Really good to know that I don't need a parachute. Any more input help would be appreciated.

A real easy way of using setpos and remembering it for moving thins up/down.

this setpos [(getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, getpos this select 2) + 0]

Just keep that in a .txt file name Mission Editing and refer to it whenever you need it. smile.gif