Robustcolor

Selecting all units from an array.

Hi, this variable below is an array including [positions,units,players] from using apply + sort command and it refreshes with new units,positions and players from time to time. i usually select either the unit or the player by doing _playertarget = _groupDistances #0#2;

But the question is, if i would like to select all the units not the players or the positions inside this array, how do i do that? since _playertarget = _groupDistances #0#2 only gives me one object, in this case the player.

_groupDistances = [[136517,O Alpha 1-1:6,Player1],[174721,O Alpha 1-1:5,Player2],[195925,O Alpha 1-2:1,Player3]];

I would like to do something like

{
_x doMove "somehwere";
} count "the units from array";

It's a little bit hard to understand what your array is made of!

If I'm right:

_groupDistances = [ [dist1,unit1,player1],[dist2,unit2,player2],[dist3,unit3,player3],...];

so returning:   [[136517,O Alpha 1-1:6,Player1],[174721,O Alpha 1-1:5,Player2],[195925,O Alpha 1-2:1,Player3]]; ?

I can't see neither position nor array of units....

The best way could be to re-formulate what you are trying to obtain.

@pierremgi Sorry, made the first post abit hasty.

_groupDistances = [];
{
_unit = _x;
_groupDistances append (allPlayers select {alive _x} apply {[_x distanceSqr _unit, _unit, _x]})
} count (allUnits select {side _x isEqualTo EAST);

_groupDistances sort true;

RESULT:
_groupDistances = [[136517,O Alpha 1-1:6,Player1],[174721,O Alpha 1-1:5,Player2],[195925,O Alpha 1-2:1,Player3]];

Usually i use _playertarget = _groupDistances #0#2; Gives me in this case the first one, [Player1]

Is it possible to select all those units in each [] that are not players and use them in a context of

{

_x dosomething

} count

?

_groupDistances = [];

{

_unit = _x;

if (!isPlayer _unit) then {_unit domove somewhere};

_groupDistances append (allPlayers select {alive _x} apply {[_x distanceSqr _unit, _unit, _x]})

} forEach (allUnits select {side _x isEqualTo EAST});

Or you can re-apply for nuts:

{ _x doMove somewhere} forEach (_groupDistances apply {_x #1} select {!isPlayer _x});

Thanks @pierremgi, this is how i did now.

_groupDistances = [];

{

_unit = _x;

_groupDistances append (allPlayers select {_x distance2d _unit < 150} apply {[_x distanceSqr _unit, _unit, _x]});

_groupDistances sort true;

_target = _groupDistances #0#2;

_unit doMove _target;

} forEach (allUnits select {side _x isEqualTo EAST});

Question, will the code _unit doTarget _target; only execute on those units <150 or closer or will it still execute it on allUnits side EAST in this forEach?

_unit(s) are allUnits from EAST side.  That's what you wrote. So yes, the code is on any EAST unit.

_target is the nearest  player of all players located within 150 m of  one _unit (EAST)