chrisbaker1981

Ambient Light Source

Ive used light cones that come with Eden, ive used scripts, they all do the same thing. The light only comes on when player is within about 10 meters of the light.

Any ideas why this happens? Im trying to set up light cones illuminating strategic items in the dark forrest and they only switch on when you are very close to the light. I want to be able to see the light at least 100 meters away or more. Like the street lights, they are visible from kms away.. whats the difference with light cones?

• Like 1

well this is not exactly what happens all the time, but what does happen is the lights turn on and off as you move around them.. really annoying, not sure what to do.. any suggestions? 

I'd like to second this.

I've noticed that vehicle lights and lamp posts, for instance, are rendered as far as any other objects. But certain item lights (eg, camp lights) are not. How can you force this? Is there a mission setting (like terrain distance) that you can change?

6 hours ago, Melody_Mike said:

I'd like to second this.

I've noticed that vehicle lights and lamp posts, for instance, are rendered as far as any other objects. But certain item lights (eg, camp lights) are not. How can you force this? Is there a mission setting (like terrain distance) that you can change?

Ive played around with graphics settings with no results..

Have a look at this though.. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613905318

Its simple to use and you can create some good effects, im struggling with errors but that could just be something unique to my set up.  If this works fine on your system you might enjoy it...

• Like 1

Also found Archilles light source works quite well. Still have some issues with it but its better thank the vanilla light cones. Only problem is it creates a dependency. That other mod i sent a link to doesnt create any dependencies.. The author knows about the bugs ive reported and is going to try fix them, so should be better than Archilles soon... 🙂

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=723217262