krata11

Arma3 crashes on launch

I've just bought and installed Arma 3 on steam and once I tried to start it up it crashed on the loading screen saying initializing addons with no error announcement or anything like that. It just didn't launch. I tried a few times and once I tried to run it via Steam-steamapps-common-Arma3-arma3server.exe I receive crash report saying "addon a3_characters_f_epb-heads requires addon a3_characters_f_heads".I didn't install any mods or addons. Please help.

For starters, that's the dedicated server you're trying to launch, you won't be able to play through that.  So just launch it the normal way through steam. 

Also, verify the integrity of your game files (steam, right click on arma, properties (at the bottom), local files (3rd from the left), verify integrity of game files (2nd from the bottom)) then try again. 

Alright, I will check the integrity of the game files.I've tried to launch it thought the steam launcher and it crashed without sending any crash report. I had the loading screen and once it got to initializing addons it stoped and "turned itself off"