Sign in to follow this  
mozomu

How can I load a saved game.

I am currently playing a single player campaign The East Wind and got as far as Miller giving instructions that we are being split into 3 groups and we need to assemble. So I met up with the group to assemble and then the game started loading onto the next stage and somehow i came back to the main menu. And now when I click on Blackfoot Down it takes me back to the dead team leader (from a landmine) and I have to play that all over again. I have saved a few times on the way to Miller, but I can't find anyway to load them or simply just get back to Miller. 

14 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Did you click revert or replay the first time?

I had select Blackfoot Down again, then I clicked on resume. I have had to re-do it, so I am now at the stage of planting explosions and mines in the helicopter (, which I am busy reading the manual now on how to do that). I see that it only keeps the saves during the mission. I am hoping this issue of it kicking me out while loading the next stage in the mission doesn't happen again in other mission too, as it can be quite frustrating starting at the beginning again.

What difficulty level are you playing at?  Rookie, regular or veteran?

It's just happened again, this is so frustrating and I know why this time. If you die or fail a mission you then go onto an unusual screen layout with a tiny menu in the bottom left corner and before I realize it I press the esc button twice and then I am out. Instead of accepting the esc key being pressed twice to exit it, why doesn't it just do what other games do where they show a big warning in the middle of the screen and you have to press another key such as enter to confirm that you are about to loose all that saved data. Thank god, I only got it, plus Apex and plenty of the other DLC's for only about £30 being on promotions. I certainly can't be playing this game if I am going to be accidentally playing the missions again and again and again. If I had paid the normal price (I'm guessing over £100), i definitely would want the money back.

I am playing rookie (i'm a complete newbie). I am going to give it one more go and I am hoping I don't hit that esc twice again, otherwise that is it. I have plenty of other shoot em ups that I have just bought on steam discounts,  I'm going be trying Sniper Elite 3 next and that looks like a lot of fun.

This game is very different to what I am used to playing with its strategic military simulation approach, which I am actually enjoying quite a lot. Anyway I need to get back to re-doing that section all over again and its frustrating just thinking about it.

...I don't know if I can, I have to listen to that Miller lecture all over again. Is there a skip button that i am not seeing somewhere?

I'm not too sure what happened there, but when I failed to explode all the remaining wreckage of the helicopter it actually just jumped to the next section when I thought it was taking me to the beginning of that section again. 

2 things to keep in mind here:

1. This is not normal behaviour you're describing.  I've never had it nor do I know anyone who's ever had it
  2. Arma 3 has way, way more to offer than just the campaign.  The campaign is nice but the real hours are going to be spend in user created content in either single or multiplayer. 

That being said, I don't know what could be causing the issue you're describing.  My suggestion is to make a manual saves as well so you can continue from those and maybe verify your gamefiles through steam. 

It seems alright now. 

1. The first issue where I had to start at the beginning has only happened once. 

2. The second issue it actually just loaded the next Maxwell mission even though I had failed to complete the final stage of the previous mission properly. That I am okay with, I can always replay those mission again another time and on a harder difficulty.

At this moment I am finding it fun anyway. And I've read that the Apex missions are very good, which I am looking forward to.