Sign in to follow this  
marki980908

Fast Roping for any helicopter

Hello, I am trying to make fast roping possible on a RHS MI-24. But so far I am having no luck. What I found so far was this:

Spoiler

ace_fastroping_enabled = 2;
ace_fastroping_friesType = "ACE_friesGantry";
ace_fastroping_friesAttachmentPoint[] = {0, 0, 0};
ace_fastroping_onCut = "ace_fastroping_fnc_onCutCommon";
ace_fastroping_onPrepare "ace_fastroping_fnc_onPrepareCommon";
ace_fastroping_ropeOrigins[] = {"ropeOriginLeft", "ropeOriginRight"};

and

Spoiler

ace_fastroping_enabled = 1;
ace_fastroping_ropeOrigins[] = { {1, 1, 1}, {-1, -1, -1} };

Anyway, none of them seem to work for me
Anyone have any idea how to make ACE or FRIES work for any vehicle in the game? Or to be more specific, MI-24G and MI-24P from RHS

I think the clue lies in the line:

RHS have always developed their work with a singular mind-set of being compatible with their own work (and sometimes if only by coincidence with vanilla Arma 3 content). Just to clarify I'm not knocking them for doing that, they're their own masters and they work on their content how they wish. That being said when trying to implement such things as ACE compatibility you may run into issues - the primary one being here that perhaps (and this is a ball-park guess) those named memory points referenced by the ACE fast rope functionality might not be present. If they are present, then I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Fair enough, is there a way to manually define origin points. I was under the impressions I could do that manually using x y z axis

Duda's Advanced Rappelling allows you to define origins. Though in not sure how well it works alongside ACE.