accuracythruvolume

Mega City 3 --- An urban combat focused terrain

6 hours ago, Isiaah Daniel said:

when will this terrain be released?

It will be released when its ready and not before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Actually I plan on getting a couple more sectors done and then toss on a Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry early wip version on steam for people to play around on and report any issues.   I want to finish current sector, maybe another and also the road area between them so they are at least fleshed out with an initial pass.

Updates thereafter would be as each additional sector gets done.

That's the idea anyway.   Back to grinding  😎

• Like 3

Just saw one of the photos about a page back in the thread , looks promising looking forward to hear more about this map😁

That industrial sprawl looks quite magnificent. 

• Like 1

Working on the sector that contains the port area.

Yo dawg I heard you like containers to go with your containers so I got some containers.....

tng07Qs.png

• Like 3

Have you considered something like old, run down embassies? Would add a interesting point of interest in the city for people to attack/defend

The current area being developed is the industrial zone of the city.    Sectors 1-4 are going to be the core government areas, and will be surrounded by downtown business sectors.   The outer perimeter sectors are going to be residential sectors.   An embassy like area is a great idea!   

Look for more variety in the sectors once I get out of the southern "Dorito" part of the city.

A while ago in the Workshop comments, I mentioned something about changing the ambient animals, and you said you didn't think it was possible; if you think it may help with the ambience, I found that you can actually change what spawns in the world's ambient aninmals system.

Docs are here, with an example for Stratis:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Animals:_Ambient_System

That could be workable in some areas outside the main city.   In the ruined city remains to the east, for example.

• Like 1

Been a long time, new work project tiring me down so no ARMA for a while, but I was thinking about this project and others, what about underground? With the new deformation tools, your can actually plan real  underground paths under the ground floor.

It could be sewers or tunnels or even hidden bases for corporate fascists... 

• Like 2