marki980908

Default paa's

I want to replace laptop screens etc with pictures. But I am not interested in custom pictures(like all tutorials online tell you), I would be alright using the default ingame ones. Does anyone know any paths to any default images in arma 3?
I would be using SetObjectTexture command.
Server I play on prefers using zeus for everything instead of eden, and we have achilles aswell. So I would have no problem just executing commands on the go to replace textures.

If you have around 35 GB of space on your PC then you can use Mikero's Tools to unpack the Arma folders. For example I searched for "laptop" and found "P:\a3\structures_f\Items\Electronics\Data\Electronics_screens_laptop_CO.paa". So the texture would be "\a3\structures_f\Items\Electronics\Data\Electronics_screens_laptop_CO.paa".

Thank you, I am however interested if anyone has a list of such files, after all I dont believe I am the only one who asked that question since 2013. Or just maybe someone knows just some other default paa image paths

1 hour ago, marki980908 said:

Or just maybe someone knows just some other default paa image paths

the images are spread over quite a lot of different paths. You could try out 3den Enhanced by @R3vo. There is a feature that goes through the configs and collects all the image paths. On the one hand this gives you a huge list of textures BUT it will not be complete as some textures are not used in configs.

4 hours ago, 7erra said:

the images are spread over quite a lot of different paths. You could try out 3den Enhanced by @R3vo. There is a feature that goes through the configs and collects all the image paths. On the one hand this gives you a huge list of textures BUT it will not be complete as some textures are not used in configs.

Ergo, @marki980908's best bet is to do as you suggested earlier and unpack the entirety of the game's files, roll up his sleeves and have a poke about himself...

Thanks for suggestion, but maybe I am blind, but I cant find any paths in 3den Enchanced. And config file in PBO doesnt contain them. Unless I am looking at it wrong somehow.

8 hours ago, marki980908 said:

And config file in PBO doesnt contain them. Unless I am looking at it wrong somehow.

The config files wont show squat unless the textures are set via hiddenselections. Your best bet is to manually browse the files and open any PAAs with a "LAPTOP SCREEN" sounding name...

14 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

The config files wont show squat unless the textures are set via hiddenselections. Your best bet is to manually browse the files and open any PAAs with a "LAPTOP SCREEN" sounding name...

I went though it again and I found some sqf's called "texture finder" and it looks like that 3den manually searches for textures everytime, it does not hold them. But still thanks