Sign in to follow this  
Antman2o1o

Trigger script to turn off player position markers on the map

Does anyone know of a trigger script that would turn off the player's current position marker on the map when they enter a certain area? The effect would be dictated by the radius of the trigger?

The script would need to work in multiplayer. Been searching and have not found anything.

Any help highly appreciated

Ant

Which player marker?  The one from the difficulty settings or a custom bluforce tracker?

The ones on the map that shows player location so blue force tracker i suppose.

I am not trying to take them out on the whole map only in a specific area that a trigger area represents when a player is in that area .

Did you add a custom blufor tracking script or does the mission you're editing add one?  If you're not sure, turn your game to veteran difficulty, play it and see if you've still got them. 

Stan thanks for the response i have not added any additional tracking scripts and i know you can turn everything off in veteren mode... not what I am asking.

I guess for clarity what i am asking is ....is it possible to remove the player map icons / markers when a player enters a specific area that has a trigger. I am not trying to take them out on the whole map only in a specific area that a trigger area represents when a player is in that area. 

Not sure if possible

Maybe changing the setmarker Alpha would be it though not sure if it can be done by trigger

If it's the ones added by the difficulty settings: no, there is no way. 

• Like 1