Alert23

remoteExec BIS_fnc_textTiles to specific player

hello all, as the title says im trying to display an image to a specific player only and this is what i got so far:

['images\inkSplashOnScreen.paa',false, 5, 5, 1, 0] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_textTiles",player2];

i want to display an image only to player2 , the code above dosent work as intended, hopefully someone can help me with this.

First of all, try to make it work on simple SP preview >> no .paa problem + no path problem

then,

if you fire the code from an addon, you must add the addon name in your path:   yourAddon\images\inkSplashOnScreen.paa

If I'm right, bis_fnc_textTiles uses ctrlSetStructuredText command, so the relative path is OK. No need for an absolute one.

I hope someone more skilled at paths for this case will help you.

thank you for your reply, in sp it does work without any problem but the problem is if i execute the code as player it appears on my screen but im trying to make this image only appear for player2.

The path is correct as far as i can see because its from a mission not from an addon.

sounds like proplem with player2 variable. where/how have you defined that?

3 hours ago, gc8 said:

sounds like proplem with player2 variable. where/how have you defined that?

It's an editor placed unit.

Did you try it from a MP preview (hosted, non pboed mission)? or after export (pboed mission)?