avibird 1

Really can't find any real useful information about the difference of the multiple end mission types ie end#1 from a trigger using the the editor.

Does anyone know the difference between the multiple end mission types in the trigger end#1 through end#6.

I believe it has nothing to do with different types of endings ie visuals music etc only different trigger ends in a mission but why would you need more then one of the trigger has a variable name why have 6 different options. Just curious to know the answer. Avibird

I would like to add some music when the mission without using multiple triggers. When you end the mission with the triggers the music option will not play the mission just ends with the failure missions screen  and if I put a delay in the trigger it just hold the trigger condition for the time and when the time is up the mission ends with no music. I can accomplish this with using two triggers and a delay for the end mission trigger so the second trigger can  play the music and the players can see the hint telling them they suck lol. 

Can you incorporate this with using only one trigger and not two. Avibird

You can define your ending classes under cfgDebriefing in description.ext.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you but what are the purposes of all the multiple end#1 ect in the trigger type and can you accomplish what I want in one trigger without using two or is that a limitation with the triggers Avibird.

This really does not tell me much about what the different ends meanings.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/failMission 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_endMission

I am just trying to end my mission with a fade and some music  I can accomplish this with two triggers but I'm trying to do with with only one!!!

Two trigger setup works good but I still can't get the fade  to black function to work and after I fail this mission on purpose to see if the trigger works when I strat the mission again (in the editor) I will always get the default mission accomplished screen and music 🎶 WTF then I can strat the scenario again. 

Does anybody know why and what I can do to stop this. I have dozens of missions that I want to polish up with proper intros debriefing tasks ect. 

Defining CfgDebriefing in your mission's description.ext just helps you customize what the endMission # shows the player if the command is executed on them.

Example:

Spoiler

class CfgDebriefing {
    class End1 {
    title="$STR_A3_mission_completed_title";
    subtitle="All caches destroyed!";
    description="";
    picture="b_inf";
    pictureColor[]={0.0,0.3,0.6,1};
    };
    class End2 {
    title="$STR_A3_mission_failed_title";
    subtitle="TPW_Mods Detected!";
    description="TPW is disallowed.  Disable it and try to reconnect!";
    picture="b_inf";
    };
    class End3 {
    title="$STR_A3_mission_failed_title";
    subtitle="You are banned!";
    description="You are banned!";
    picture="b_inf";
    };
};

In the example shown above, if you execute endMission "End1" then they'll see a Blufor flag icon, blufor colors, with the "All caches destroyed!" text while also accompanied by the default Arma 3 mission completion sequence (Music, greyout, etc.) whereas endMission "End2" would display a mission failure message with some text about TPW being disallowed. This allows you to assign multiple custom messages for why a mission ends, such as a "You are banned" message or whatever you want.

• Like 3

@phronk thank you for explaining the reasons why different endings ie end#1 end#2 ect 

I know there's many different ways to accomplish things in arma and the description file was the only way before updates to the engine and editors. I know a lot of things that you need to do in the description file you now can do through the Eden editor. Just like mission tasks once it was only the description file then using triggers and now the task modules.

Maybe you can answer these questions.

1. Does the description file overwrite everything else that you add Eden editor triggers etc.

2. I still can't get the fade to work the mission ends very abruptly.

3. Why I fail a mission and then attempt to restart the mission I see and hear the Bohemia mission completed screen with music and the tv snow screen then I can restart the mission. 

For example. 

In a trigger 

Condition

WMDveh1 in thisList

On activation 

["Epicfail", false,20,true] call BIS_fnc_endmissionServer;

In the array

false = mission fail

20 should be the fade out does not work

True = music does not work 

I have the  tigger timer set for countdown 15 

I have a second trigger overlays the first trigger with music that plays when you lose the mission and it takes 15 seconds stop music playing until the mission ends. All good but the fade out does not work mission ends abruptly and then I have the issue when I restart the mission the next time with the Bohemian mission complete screen.  IDK 🧐 

I also use triggers for my tasks and not the task modules.

I think that the different end types can be used when you create a campaign (with several missions in it). You then have a campaign file in wich you can specify the ”mission path” - i.e. the order the missions are played, depending on what happens in the missions.

E.g. if the first mission ends with END1, then you play mission 2. But if the first mission ends with END2, then the campaign skips mission 2 and goes directly to mission 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a set of notes on how to use the editor. The notes date back to Arma2 days. Here is an extract from my notes:

Now we are going to create triggers to end the scenario.

The first ending is that you have killed the Opforce soldier.

Select “F3 Triggers” and double click on the map.

Name this trigger “Opforce_killed”

From the drop down select “ending 1”

In the cell named “ Condition"   type  (!alive Red1)   including the brackets

The second ending is that you are killed

Name this trigger “I_Am_killed”

From the drop down select “ending 2”

In the cell named “ Condition"   type  (!alive Blue1)   including the brackets

The third ending is that the mission ends after 2 minutes.

Name this trigger “Out_Of_Time”

From the drop down select “ending 3”

In the cell named “ Condition"   type   time > 120

• Thanks 1

@Joe98 I do understand.  This is how you setup Various possible endings but getting the music 🎶 to play as the scenario fades out. That I can't get to work properly. I can get the music to play with a second trigger overlaying on the mission end trigger but cannot for the life of me get the fade to work mission ends abruptly.  

13 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

@Joe98 I do understand.  ....... mission ends abruptly.  

I had an issue where, when the final enemy soldier was killed, the mission ended abruptly. I wanted to hold the tension to make players think that  there were more enemy around!

I needed 2  conditions to end the mission:   That we occupy the position and that all the enemy are dead.

My solution:

Place 2 boxes on the map:  box1  box2 

When all the enemy are dead, this fires a trigger that deletes box1.  When we occupy the position, this fires a trigger that deletes box2.  The 2 conditions are now met. They can be met in any order.  However I do not want the mission to end abruptly.  When both box1 and box2 are deleted this fires a trigger that ends the mission.  This trigger has a timer that lasts about 30 seconds. This holds the tension and allows my men time to take cover - except that after 30 seconds  that trigger fires and with a message that the mission is over. Whew!

You might be able to use this so that your mission does not end abruptly.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 4:01 AM, avibird 1 said:

["Epicfail", false,20,true] call BIS_fnc_endmissionServer;

endMissionServer does not have any parameters other than the end type. That is why it does not work as you intend.

• Thanks 1

@Larrow so how could I get the fade and music to work on one end game trigger. I added a second trigger for my  music and the end game trigger set for a 15 second delay so the music can play but I can't get the fade function to work with the mission. It just ends with the mission fail screen. Avibird

this is where I got the information To maintain Arma 3 visual style, it's recommended to use BIS_fnc_endMission instead. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_endMissionServer

So, can you get it the fade function to work in single player?