RafaDombras

[MP/SP][COOP] IFA3-AIO (1-12)Territory fight: Mission Boston v2.15

Game Description: 

It's 8 june 1944,

US Army reaches interior of Cotentin Peninsula, a few days after landing in Utah beach, their mission is to reinforce with the 82nd and the 101st from the 507th and 508th Parachute Infantry Regiments (PIR), to destroy bridges over Merderet river and build roadblocks to stop German Army advance from west.

German 91 Infanteriedivision, was stationed in the middle of the Cotentin Peninsula, after Lieutenant General Willhelm Falley been killed in early actions against the 82nd, their mission is to bolster numbers and consolidate strength for the defence of the peninsula.

Battlefield style game; Flags to capture & hold; Resources gained by holding flags;  drop enemy tickets to ZERO; AI system for single and multiplayer game (AUTOBOTs); units groups and weapons set up ingame menu;

Winning conditions:

• capture all territories and hold it for 60 seconds
  • keep control of major territories to drop enemy tickets to ZERO.

Link to Boston mission:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2253891745
Link to Boston mission (fase 2):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2269032032

Link to kuban-bridgehead mission:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2257771052

MAP: WW2 1944: Operation Crossing Point

Introduction:

PC gamers at my age, might be very familiarized with battlefield style games, so, that's what inspired me to make this mission.

My objective in these "mission-game", is to mix a few games that I love: Battlefield, Company of Heroes and Call of Duty.

I plant do make lots of improvements to the game, and hope to receive some ideas from the community.

NOTES:

04/09/2020: Add RandomWeather2.sqf script from MeatballCB

08/09/2020: Add AI Revive Player script adapted from RickOShay script

15/09/2020: Add lots of Loadouts to respawn menu

15/09/2020: All new buy menu!

15/09/2020: Add AUTOBOTs menu, no more cycling instance, you can mout any scheme, or select a ready one

15/09/2020: Add new spawn system, you can select to spawn in any friendly flag

15/09/2020: Add new mission parameters

15/09/2020: Bug fixed: When losing faction captures different flag from last base into 60 seconds counting

15/09/2020: Add recruit radioman, you can access trops and AUTOBOTs menu away from base

27/09/2020: Add to US Army the 82nd and 101st to "Buy group" and "AUTOBOT" menu

07/10/2020: Add to Wehrmacht the Fallschirmjäger to "Buy group" and "AUTOBOT" menu

How to start mission:

• Subscribe to the mission at steam workshop
  • Go to:   Multiplayer : Quick play
  • Select:  "HOST SERVER" then click : "HOST SERVER"
  • Select the map: WW2: 1944 Operation Crossing Point
  • Select the mission: >> IFA Territory fight: Mission Boston

Parameters:

• "Starting Weather" = Default = "Overcast"
  • "Time of Day" = Default = "Clear day"
  • "Start with AUTOBOT" = Default = "OFF"
  • "Allow AI revive PLAYER" = Default = "ON"

HQ Base:

The base retreats if captured, moving to the closest friendly flag;

AI units respawn at base;

The in game custom menus: activated at radio and ammo boxes, spend resources and manage bots;
1) Ammo boxes: endless weapons, ammunitions, explosives and gadgets to equip you soldier;

2) At Radio: buy troops or vehicles to join your group; require support from AUTOBOT groups to fight against or in your side;

- Weapons: since you are at base, you can access the ammo box in the radio menu. On radioman there are no weapon menu;

- Units: Buy units and vehicles to recruit your squad;

- Group: Buy single AUTOBOT groups, which enters the field since you have the necessary resource;

- AUTOBOT: create a list of AUTOBOTs to enters the field, it spends resources automatically, for both sides independently;

How to use: AUTOBOTs

There are many ways to play the game, to start the with AUTOBOTs, change "Start with AUTOBOTs" to "ON" at the lobby parameters;

AUTOBOTs are AI groups that fight for their side, capturing the closest territories;

You can turn off the AUTOBOTS at the menu, if you want to spend resources automatically;

The next AUTOBOT group will enters the field when resources reaches its cost;

AUTOBOTS can be scheduled and managed at the radio AUTOBOT menu;

There is no population cap yet;

Map Marker system:

• AUTOBOT groups are marked on the map with single icon, show on both sides;
  • Individual markers for Player group, that changes color when selected, making easier to identify unitys on the map;
  • Flag markers
  • HQ base location markers

HUD Displays:

• Resources + (income) at the top left corner of the screen;
  • Tickets at the top middle of the screen;
  • Flags status list at the left side of the screen;
  • Icons for AUTOBOTs on the field at the top left corner of the screen;

Mission control parameters:

• Starting tickets = 750
  • Starting resources = 45
  • Flag capture radio= 20m
  • Time need to capture = 15s
  • Time to end if lost all flags = 60s
  • Tickets decay amount = 10pts each 10s
  • Start resources = 50
  • Tickets and resources gen. rate = 10s
  • Time to remove dead body = 20s

Sites names and resources amount rate generated by holding it:

• 1    "Downhill Farm"  = 10
  • 2    "Destroyed Mill"  =  5 
  • 3    "Uphill Farm"  =  5
  • 4    "Woods Farm"  =  10
  • 5    "Tanks Cemetery"  =  0
  • 6    "Crashed Planes"  =  0

Capturing Flags:

To capture you must have major units amount in capture area, if equal, flag changes status to under siege;

Captured flags may increase resources generation rate;

You must have more flags than the enemy to drop tickets;

Base not change place in under siege instance, only if enemy captures;

Thanks to IRON FRONT and Bohemia team! You're the best!

?imw=268&imh=268&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter220px-Operation_Flashpoint_cover.jpgD70DFABFCDFC722380D28A92430A906AA11D54E3

ADDONS REQUIRED:

CUP Terrains - Core. The Community Upgrade Project 1.15.0

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=583496184

IFA3_AIO_LITE

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=660460283

CBA: Community Based Addons for Arma 3

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=450814997

IFA3 liberation

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=950999958

• Like 1

Now I noticed that German apcs was discontinued from iron front, I replaced it with panzer 2 and 3, and I'm working at the weapons buy menu, corrected lots of stuff that was buging, soon I will upload the mission.

I heard the sound is bad, I'll Record another gameplay and replace this one.

Thanks for watching the video!

• Thanks 1

New video uploaded, sound seems better now.

Many improvements,

added:

• Enemy weapons buy menu,
  • Itens buy menu, (pistol, flare gun, binoculars, first aid kit)
  • Explosives buy menu (explosives and grenades)
  • Accessories icons with background transparency,
  • Battlefield map delimited,
  • When capturing enemy base, it don't moves in "under siege" instance, only when finish capturing.
  • Turned off the ARMA default units map markers, now only custom markers appears,
  • Forecast weather now a bit foggy, 
  • German APCs removed due to copywrite, replaced by Panzers 2 and 3, from IFA Liberation MOD, now required,

Many bug fixes, now it's working 100% fine!

In the movie I don't respawn because I was playing into EDEN editor in SP, but but will be infinite respawns allowed.

Thanks for now!

• Thanks 1

looks pretty nice mate! you should promote it on the different WW2 discords and upload to workshop

• Thanks 1

It's getting really nice!

I just finished the new respawn system, I'm testing in MP mode,

now when you capture a flag, a new respawn point is created,

It is removed when you lost the flag,

you can select the to respawn into any captured flag,

So you can choose if it's better go to base and regroup, or spawn right at the battle front!

Spawn locations named same as flag, for better convenience.

20 minutes ago, .kju said:

looks pretty nice mate! you should promote it on the different WW2 discords and upload to workshop

please, tell me more about these different WW2 discords, I'm really new here and don't know what it is, or where should it be... 🤦‍♂️

Once the game is tested, I plan to discover how to post to workshop.

Thanks mate!

36 minutes ago, RafaDombras said:

I plan to discover how to post to workshop.

https://arma3.com/workshop101

Once you get it on the workshop, i'll add it to my massive IFA3 collection if you dont mind 😉

SP https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934502154

MP https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934504856

• Thanks 1

Tanks @Gunter Severloh! With your help, now I figured out how to do!

Will be a honor if it enters your collection.

I've been playing these game since the beginning, 2001, OFP from codemasters. It was love at first sight, been able to scratch up a mission from zero, and call my friends to play at home, I was living alone, graduating in engineering, my house looks like a lan house at the time... 😂good times! There was CRT monitors even over the kitchen microwave oven 😂

Yesterday looking for some tips to make a briefing, I watched some of your tutorials on youtube, so thanks again!

About the mission, I uploaded a new video, and watching it, I found some bugs, and now I'm working on it, hope it works for multiplayer fine as single player, so, soon I'll be uploading straight from the game to the workshop, and maybe someone help me testing it.

I didn't find out these place of discord, where would be better to promote the game, but I'll discovery it furer.

I'm brazilian, so, sorry if I'm not been clear in my words, and tanks by the patience with these old newbie here.

For now I'll try to keep these topic first post updated to my work, and

Keep on fighting my friends!

• Like 3

@RafaDombras I tried the link to Steam's Workshop and encountered this error message "There was a problem accessing the item. Please try again"

So can you verify it please?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, domokun said:

@RafaDombras I tried the link to Steam's Workshop and encountered this error message "There was a problem accessing the item. Please try again"

So can you verify it please?

Link fixed and 1st post edited!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2217824188

Thanks man!

• Thanks 1

Mission and topic updated:

Lot of bugs eliminated

Add: RandomWeather2.sqf script from MeatballCB <http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24614>

Add: Mission selectable parameter - "Start with AUTOBOT" {"OFF", "ON"} >> Mission will begins with AUTOBOTs instance ON/OFF

Add: Playable characters not used will be removed from game

Add: AI Revive Player script from RickOShay https://steamcommunity.com/id/RickOShay/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

• Thanks 1

Greetings! 

Mission all new menu rebuild!

Now you can mount your own AUTOBOT scheme, or load a predefined one.

Later I'll update the topic post.

Bye for now! C-ya!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Post updated, video added, where I explain how to play using the new menu!

Now you can edit AUTOBOTs for both sides!

Add new groups:

• U.S. 82nd "All American" Airborne Division
  • 101st Airborne Division

I'm studying abou MISSION BOSTON, where this map is placed, and changing the mission for more accurate historical gameplay.

Map info by .kju: Merderet https://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32365
Geographical description: Merderet is a river which crosses the Cotentin Peninsula from South to North.
The meanders of the Merderet river are the main geomorphological unit on the zone, aside from the hills. The north part is covered by forest, and ruled by a medieval castle named "Châteu de Bossom". The main urban area is Chef-du-Pont, surrounded by some little villages and their tillage lands. In the South of the map lies the ruins of "Châteu de Guy-Son". Chef Du Pont is between the Utah and Omaha beaches.

Historical reviewThe objective of Mission Boston was to consolidate beachheads to protect the landing of the US 7th Army Corps in UTAH beach at D-Day, as part of Operation Overlord.
6.420 Paratroopers from 82 nd and 101 st Airborne Divisions would jump five hours ahead of the main landing to take control of the strategic crossroads, bridges and towns such as Ste. Mére-Eglise and the bridges of Chef-du Pont and La Fiére on the Merderet river. When German defenders realized that the invasion had started a great extension of land was inundated from the sluicegates of Carentan making these two bridges vital for heading inland and join the forces landed at Omaha beach as well as to cut off the Cotentin peninsula towards West, so they would become the theater of several German counterattacks between D-Day at 2:00 a.m. and the arrival of Major General J. Lawton Collins’ VII Corps at the village of Chef-du-Pont in 9 of June. 

This mission happens between 8 and 9 june 1944:

m14.jpg

According to wikipedia:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Boston#Air_movement_table_-_mission_Boston

Mission Boston was a parachute combat assault at night by Major General Matthew Ridgway's U.S. 82nd "All American" Airborne Division on June 6, 1944, part of the American airborne landings in Normandy during World War II. Boston was a component element of Operation Neptune, the assault portion of the Allied invasion of Normandy, codenamed Operation Overlord. 6,420 paratroopers jumped from nearly 370 C-47 Skytrain troop carrier aircraft into an intended objective area of roughly 10 square miles (26 km2) located on either side of the Merderet river on the Cotentin Peninsula of France, five hours ahead of the D-Day landings.

The drops were scattered by bad weather and German anti-aircraft fire over an area three to four times as large as that planned. Two inexperienced units of the 82nd, the 507th and 508th Parachute Infantry Regiments (PIR), were given the mission of blocking approaches west of the Merderet River, but most of their paratroops missed their drop zones entirely. The veteran 505th PIR jumped accurately and captured its objective, the town of Sainte-Mère-Église, which proved essential to the success of the division.

The U.S. 82nd Airborne Division, assistant commanded by Brigadier General Matthew Ridgway, was a veteran outfit, with two of its units, the 504th and 505th Parachute Infantry Regiments (PIR), making combat jumps into Sicily and Italy. However, the 504th had not arrived in England in time to train for Operation Neptune, and had been replaced in the mission by the unblooded 507th and 508th PIRs, both temporarily attached for the operation (the 507th later transferring to the 17th Airborne Division). Because of its previous combat experience, the 82nd Airborne Division was assigned the riskier of the two jump missions, into the center of the Cotentin. Its final regiment, the 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, was scheduled to fly in on June 7.

The 82nd Airborne Division's objectives were to capture the town of Sainte Mère Église, a crucial communications crossroad behind Utah Beach, and to block the approaches into the area from the west and southwest. They were to seize causeways and bridges over the Merderet at La Fière and Chef-du-Pont, destroy the highway bridge over the Douve River at Pont l'Abbé (now Étienville), and secure the area west of Sainte Mère Église to establish a defensive line between Gourbesville and Renouf.

In the process units would also disrupt German communications, establish roadblocks to hamper the movement of German reinforcements, establish a defensive line between Neuville and Baudienville to the north, clear the area of the drop zones to the unit boundary at Les Forges and link up with the 101st Airborne Division, under Major General Maxwell D. Taylor.

First Lieutenant Malcolm D. Brannen, Headquarters Company, 3rd Battalion, 508th PIR came down between Picauville and Étienville, south of the DZ. Near dawn, just after observing the landing of reinforcements by gliders in Mission Chicago, Brannen and the group of paratroopers he had assembled fired on an automobile headed for Picauville at high speed, and in a brief firefight, Brannen shot and killed Generalleutnant Wilhelm Falley, division commander of the 91st Air Landing Division.

91-ID.gif   91. Infanteriedivision (Luftlande) 

Originally an air landing division, the 91. Infanteriedivision was used as general infantry after air operations ceased to be an option during the Normandy campaign. In fact, the last air operations that the Wehrmacht mounted were years earlier. Stationed in the middle of the Cotentin Peninsula, the 91. ID saw immediate action against the United States 82nd and 101st Airborne divisions, which parachuted in during the early morning hours of 6 June 1944. Lieutenant General Willhelm Falley was killed in these early actions against the 82nd and was the first German general killed in Normandy.

After suffering heavily during the mayhem caused by American airborne divisions landing inland, the 91. ID was then attached to the 77. and 243. Infanteriedivisions in an attempt to bolster numbers and consolidate strength for the defence of Fortress Cherbourg.

By 19 June the defenders of Cherbourg, who had already given ground, headed to a bunker system surrounding the city in an attempt to hold out to the last man. Resistance under General von Schlieben (commanding officer of the 708. Infanteriedivision, also in Cherbourg) lasted until 27 June, when the final remnants of defenders in the city either surrendered or were wiped out.

Von Schlieben became a hero of the Reich for the bloodbath he created. The Nazis used the defence of Cherbourg for propaganda, to show the heroism of the troops on the front lines. The fall of Cherbourg would also mark the first real American victory and German defeat in the Normandy campaign.

Most soldiers of the 91. ID were either captured or killed at Cherbourg, although enough escaped that the remnants would be reorganized for the defence in the Eifel against Patton at Rennes in August. In November the 344. Volksgrenadierdivision absorbed them to replace lost troops. 

Grenadiers-02.jpg

Order of Battle: 91 Infanteriedivision (Air landing)
Commanding Officer – Lieutenant General Wilhelm Falley (KIA 6 June), Colonel Klosterkemper (10 June), Colonel Eugene Konig

1057. Grenadier Regiment
1058. Grenadier Regiment
191. Mountain Artillerie Regiment
91. Füsilier Bataillon
191. Panzerjäger Abteilung
191. Pionier Bataillon
191. Nachrichten Abteilung
191. Flak Kompanie

Division Support Options

• Fallschirmjager Platoon
• Schwere Panzer Platoon
• Panzer Platoon
• Radio-control Tank Platoon
• Assault Gun Platoon
• Tank-hunter Platoon
• Jagdpanther Platoon
• Rocket Launcher Battery

Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the mission publication on steam, so I have to upload it again, here is the new link, sorry about that...🤦‍♂️

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2253891745

The good news is I made lots of improvements and corrections, the game is awesome and I'll start to make new cenarios!

Now you have full control of AUTOBOTs groups for both sides, that creates a sandbox, use infantry only, armored, mechanized or whatever you wish!

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Which list should I modify to change or add to the list of cars and weapons?

For example, I want to get weapons and vehicles through radio objects and ammunition boxes.

I'd like to add mortar and mortar ammunition (ACE mode only) and buy them separately.

• Like 1

Hi, in load_classnames.sqf you can add new lines to add new units, weapons and munitions.

To add elements, to USA side, you will look for classUSAxxx array;

unity will be:     ClassUSAsold = ClassUSAsold + [["typeOf unity",  price, "Name to be displayed"]];

ammo will be:  ClassUSAammo = ClassUSAammo + [[ "weapon/item/ammo", price,    "display name",  [special, minition amount,"primary ammo","secondary ammo"],["vest", backpack] ]];

special will be the code for element kind

• 1 primary weapon, changes vest
  • 2 secondary weapon, like bazooka, maybe mortar goes here, changes vest and backpack
  • 3 heavy weapon like machine gunner, changes vest and backpack
  • 4 rifle w/ grenade launcher
  • 5 pistol
  • 6 binoculars
  • 7 grenades

To add a new group, look for BuyUSAxxxx type of array;

will be:  BuyUSAsold_G = BuyUSAsold_G + [["display name",  price ,"class list",[arry list of units],"secondary class list",[ use on vehicles only ],"special","map icon picture"]];

class list  will be for example ClassUSAsold

I can add to you, send me more info and I'll explain which lines and where to put it.

Send to me the typeOf every elemente you want, for example:

typeOf  Soldiers (mortar team)

typeOf  Weapons (the mortar)

typeOf  Munitions (the mortar ammo)

list of soldiers to make a new GROUP/AUTOBOTs

I've just made new insertions to ammo boxes: Mines for both sides and smoke grenades for both sides.

Maybe you can help me to test in multiplayer?

Hope it helps!

• Thanks 1