Gigawatt26

Encounters Matched with Level Discrepancy

During the matching I am being matched with players who are level 75 while I am 15 and just starting out. Each encounter ends in death because of the dozen players matched with me that are 50 levels higher and have access to better equipment and experience of the map I do not have. Please match players with the same level range (10 levels higher and lower than yourself) for a better experience. 

• Like 1

Same issue for me. Contacted support and was referred over here. No response by support as I suspected. I can understand that there might not be enough players on the same level but that can be resolved by introducing bots. It’s impossible to play against high levels and it makes the game highly unenjoyable for us. It gets to do point where I don’t even want to play it anymore. Really nice concept but very much unfair. If you want to attract and also not loss existing players sort it out. 

• Like 1

same i'm a switch player and this matchmaking is terrible ive played like 8 hours and im being matched with people who are wearing badges saying they have collected 500 air drops

• Like 1

Hi everyone, thanks for starting this thread.

I'd like to say that though someone is ahead in "levels", it's just a battle pass level - it doesn't indicate how long they've been playing the game or how skillful they are. Anyone can be a better Outlander by being sneaky, listening around for footsteps, and more 🙂 

On 9/30/2020 at 11:06 AM, fOrsythiaa said:

Hi everyone, thanks for starting this thread.

I'd like to say that though someone is ahead in "levels", it's just a battle pass level - it doesn't indicate how long they've been playing the game or how skillful they are. Anyone can be a better Outlander by being sneaky, listening around for footsteps, and more 🙂 

Not entirely true. I was really enjoying this game in the beginning but now I'm very close to uninstalling. I'm level 16 myself and find it highly unfair being paired with people who are clearly substantially higher levels than I am. Can normally tell by their "badges" they have on display. One guy earlier was level 50 and had "250 air drops retrieved". 

Every match now is becoming a case of spawn in and die within 2 minutes.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 9:32 PM, Gary Utterson said:

Edit - Uninstalled. Game with promise but the matchmaking is ridiculously unfair towards lower ranked players. Sorry.

im almost doing the same here, and its a shame cuz the game is really something else, interesting concept. but cmon, i have like 80 hours of experience by now, not even close to the level that i can afford lots of purple and gold tiers weapons and consumables. but the game always pairs me with people who already killed 1000 peoples (they are always using aur hbar and scoped rifles), players who walked million kilometers (like wtf) players who collected 500 air drops... like im still using AKM and Es16 with the newbie clothes LMAO and i have to make a miracle to control the recoil with white tier guns while people beam me with scoped rifles and know my location with portable radar 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

I have to admit the devs are right here I’ve seen people rocking m16s picking off even skilled players, sure high level gear helps but even us veterans get bushwhacked by sweaty players too. Play smart outlanders also bear in mind we just recently got two new things to gun for like the locked container and timed safe, along with barred house, comms, jammer and signal, it’s gonna split the usual pile up of players into different areas. 

I remember on some maps EVERYONE gunned got barred house, but now there’s a second safe and a container to try for meaning you won’t get nightmarish 6 player scrums anymore which I like! 🙂 

• Like 1

Wow i am glad that theres others that think the same as me. I know that im not going to buy another battle pass. I never finished or even close. It was fun while it lasted. I will never be the sweaty player that this game needs to keep it alive.

crybabies lol you dont even need to play encounters to lvl all i have to say is just get gud

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The lvls restart ever pass so what i haven't seen anything about lvls for the battle pass matter at all like the deve said it not a factor in the skill or the player and for the tags/badge just say what they accomplished iv had this game when it just got blue items lik of all my kills air drops and loot items wasnt every counted up till they started battle passes lik its saying iv got 1200kills its more like 6000kill because iv been playing for over a year 

Xbox is just as bad at the moment, every match nearly is dominated by purple weapon wielding player hunters. As best as I try to avoid combat they keep finding me or wait where there’s loot to be found and clap you as soon as you have anything worth trying to get out with. 

Ill agree but it like this if noone up grads the loot then your head because my prize the stuf secondary your soul hatred worth more the any gold items the hate mail feels me with joy just saying why else stay in the map ?!!! 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️I PLAY FOR 1 REASON FOR REALIISTIC COMBAT BECAUSE WORLD WAR 3 ON IT WAY BETTER TRAIN NOW NOT RADIATION COULD WE BE RUNNING FROM  BE COVID COULD?!!!!!!!!!!!!