Maciccio

I created a MOD, compiled, etc ... But the version is not the same

I created this MOD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2207947068&searchtext=%40Disable_Zoom+1.0+Vanilla
Compiled and signed in V2 and then sent to the Workshop. The MOD works great in single player. But if I try to host it on my server it doesn't work. It gives me that the client / server version are not the same. I downloaded the file from the Workshop for both the client and the server.
I use TADST as server launcher, and V2 signature verification is selected.
What am I doing wrong?

6 hours ago, Maciccio said:

Resolved. Thanks anyway

Would you mind posting HOW you fixed your issue as it may help others who are having the same issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackal326 said:

Would you mind posting HOW you fixed your issue as it may help others who are having the same issue.

Simply... on the server putting the .bikey file in the Arma3/Keys folder. And the same file in the MYmod/Keys folder.

While creating the V2 key it always gave me error. But the created file works perfectly .... it must be a bug

8 minutes ago, Maciccio said:

Simply... on the server putting the .bikey file in the Arma3/Keys folder. And the same file in the MYmod/Keys folder.

While creating the V2 key it always gave me error. But the created file works perfectly .... it must be a bug

Should theoretically only need it in the Arma3/Keys folder, can't imagine being in your mod folder would help but at least you're up and running.

4 minutes ago, Jackal326 said:

Should theoretically only need it in the Arma3/Keys folder, can't imagine being in your mod folder would help but at least you're up and running.

As you can see, I'm not a professional :)) I tried 1000 times and I couldn't get it to work, then it worked and I never tried anything.
So you don't need to create the Keys folder in the MOD directory and put the .bikey file in it?
As soon as I can I try

1 minute ago, Maciccio said:

So you don't need to create the Keys folder in the MOD directory and put the .bikey file in it?

Not as far as I am aware. A lot of addon makers simply include their keys in the mod folder as a way of distributing them for use on servers etc.

2 minutes ago, Jackal326 said:

Not as far as I am aware. A lot of addon makers simply include their keys in the mod folder as a way of distributing them for use on servers etc.

Then maybe nothing changes, even better this way :))