Sign in to follow this  
.Tom

Tracks slipping on offroad terrain

I have a problem with the tank, when trying to climb a hill or when going through rough terrain the tank just slides. I tested the merkava that comes with the game and i couldn't replicate the problem

The config parameters

latStiffX, latStiffY and longitudinalStiffnessPerUnitGravity can lead to this. Their purpose is a bit hard to explain, to tell the truth

I recommend reading nvidias "programmers" tuning guide for physx vehicles  - its not 100% identical to BI's stuff but lets say 95% - the names are also not matching 1:1 but you should get the idea

https://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/content/gameworkslibrary/physx/guide/3.3.4/Manual/Vehicles.html#tuning-guide

frictionVsSlipGraph array can also be cause of this (if defined) / can mitigate it somewhat, but can have unintended sideffects ("banana drive bug")

19 hours ago, x3kj said:

frictionVsSlipGraph array can also be cause of this (if defined) / can mitigate it somewhat, but can have unintended sideffects ("banana drive bug")

What's the banana drive bug?

On 9/3/2020 at 6:55 PM, pcc said:

What's the banana drive bug?

vehicle driving in a curve ("banana"), even when you are not steering (esp. pronounced at low speeds)