mcnools

"Create Diary Record" Not working on dedicated?

So I'm trying to add some diary entries for a horror mission I'm creating for my group. I've got it working perfectly in single player but for some reason the diary entries do not show up when we test it on dedicated.

I'm using the "Create Diary Record"-modules linked to a trigger that activates when we complete an action on an object. The trigger activates since we get the "log downloaded"-message that I put in there.  But the diary entry does not show up for any of us.

I'm guessing the module doesn't work on dedicated servers? if so, is there any other way that works on dedicated? Would be grateful for any help, been a bit burnt out after spending 2-3 days troubleshooting a crash problem I had.

Here's pictures of how I set it up:

Ptyp6Vm.jpg

8KqXBGR.jpg

For clarification: I'm also just wondering if there is another way to do it other than using the module if that other way works on dedicated servers. 🙂

I don't know what's the problem with the diary record module but last time I created diary stuff via script (dedicated) I had to make sure the player object was created before that in client. So I have code like this at the beginning of the file:

// Client script - Wait until player is ready
waituntil { sleep 1; !isnull player };

_index = player createDiarySubject ["fowEntry","FOW"];

I hope that helps to find the problem

• Like 1