avibird 1

Why do editor place waypoints disappear once a unit group gets into combat. Is this a Bohemian issue?

Why do editor placed waypoints with a cycle waypoint at the end of the waypoint line lose its ability to repeat once combat mode has been set by engagements of the enemy. The group will not follow it's waypoints and if you look at the groups from Zeus the way points are missing. Somebody told me that this is a Bohemian issue (arma issue but I really can't find too much information on it. Could somebody confirm this and explain why this happens and if there's a workaround to get the units follow it's waypoints following combat mode with engagement with the enemy.  Avibird

Just looking for confirmation that this is an engine limitation issue from bohemian so I can stop wasting my time and look for a alternative approach.

11 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Just looking for confirmation that this is an engine limitation issue from bohemian so I can stop wasting my time and look for a alternative approach.

Please don't bump threads, i am sure someone will answer when they see the thread. After all, you only posted it yesterday.

No spam or advertising:

Advertising of any commercial or personal project, product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited. This includes the Personal Message service and clan recruitment outside of the Clan Recruitment forum. Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam.

• Confused 1

Personally I don't think they really know the answer. There is a lack of information regarding this issue. I was really hoping that one of the bi developers would answer. I am at a stand still attempting to try to figure out this issue. If you are using editor waypoints then once combat takes place whatever groups you have utilizing them and combat is close so they react your waypoints are done regardless if you have it with a cycle or not. This has always been a sore spot because I like to have a significant units using vanilla waypoints in missions.  But thank you for your reply avibird

Can't seem to replicate this, when AI GROUP using Cycle Waypoints engage AI they do continue for me, I must be missing something in you explanation.

AI are changing from "Aware" to "Combat" and once clear they continue to follow waypoints in "Aware" mode.

Is  it a multiplayer issue perhaps.

• Like 1

Hey fek sel long time. Hope all is well. Okay this is the deal. I have.  If I give a mechanized group let's say 20 waypoints cycling around the map. If that group comes into contact with a major firefighter occurs that last for a little while let's say 5 to 10 minutes once the threat is eliminated the waypoints disappear and the vehicle just sits idle. Now if the contact is very limited a few units which  less than a minute the vehicle and units will follow the waypoints again.  It seems when it's in combat mode for a while the waypoints drop off. Dreadpirate told me a few days ago this was a Bohemia issue and not his script. Perhaps it is a Jebus issue and not arma3. I need to ask him again. 

Yea I haven't be around for a long time, I did try with infantry units and that seems ok. When I have time I'll try with mechanized group.

I don't really use mods so that shouldn't be an issue,

• Thanks 1

I've taken a look using mechanized group  and it's  really hit and miss for me so there is an issue.

Sometimes works fine,  another time it stops at the next waypoint and won't move.

I've seen it complete all the waypoints and stop at the cycle wp.

I've also had it load the units after the battle but not move, I then issued the join command for each unit and it started to move again.

But if they get too far away they seem to get removed from the group and rejoin won't work, it seems to fail quite often when that happens.

I must admit I haven't a clue how to see waypoints in Zeus.

It's hard to test when things are constantly changing you don't know what works and what doesn't.

Yes I agree I really think like dreadpirate said it's a arma Bohemian coding issue what we are seeing with the waypoints. if Bohemian has not fixed it at this point they never will perhaps for arma4 but it really devastates long missions that use vanilla waypoints. I don't like to have only random waypoints in the mission you need to have some control of the mission objectives and AO in your missions that is just my belief. I was using vcom it will take over when the mission combat starts even if I have groups using GAIA MCC4 patrols and once the combat stops gaia takes over again it was perfect until I realize with vcom you can't use Zeus interface and team switch within it breaks the squad verbal communication you can't hear squad mates identifying targets calling for help or orders being issued. Back at the drawing board to come up with another solution. 

I have always used vanilla units with waypoints and some type of AI enhancement random patrol script with my missions I like the combination of the two. Thanks for the look at this issue avibird