Jason Slone

Help needed with patches in eden editor

so me and my friends set up a story line and everything is almost perfectly set but I've run into a slight problem.... we made a unit yada yada, i played online to see if our patch was showing and it was, everything looks perfect shows up on the shoulder and on planes cars ect. but when i run the mission i created it seems the patch doesn't show up at all. it still shows the unit tag above my player name so if someone knows a fix to this it would be much appreciated. (running the mission in multiplayer on a lan based server)

Edited by Jason Slone
clarification

You are probably using BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia.... which call a setObjectTextureGlobal command.

You could try:

- for MP, do not call this function, as is , in init field of a unit. Let the mission start, and all edited stuff be initialized, then apply the function. That simply means: spawn it and add a little sleep. Just write it for server only.

so, in init field of a unit, something like: if (isServer) then { this spawn {sleep 2; [_this, "yourPatch"] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia } };

- don't forget the insignia is lost at respawn. That means you need to re-apply it after a unit/player died/respawned.

Spoiler

But, if I remember true...  this function is so weird that you need first to remove the first one, even if you can't see it!

by an empty string: [_yourRespawnedUnit, "" ] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;

then [_yourRespawnedUnit, "yourPatch" ] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;