SJB Assault Rifles v1.0

After a few years out of the modding scene I am proud to present a pack of assault rifles that I have had in the works for what feels like decades. In reality its more like about 9 years, so its close enough.

CONTENTS:
The pack contains 25 variants of 10 famous rifles with more planned to be added in the future. A full list of the pack's contents can be found below:
- AKM/AKMS
- C7A2 (Canadian version of the M16A2 with OD furniture and TRI-AD I rail adaptor)
- C8A3 (Canadian version and upgrade of the M4A1 with similar additions as the C7A2)
- HK416 (10" and 14.5" variants)
- HK417 (16" and 20" DMR variants*)
- L119A1 (In CQB and SFW variants with various furniture - 6 versions and 2 with UGL - 8 total)
- L119A2 (Only one CQB model so far, more versions with various barrel lengths are planned as well as various furniture)
- M4
- M4A1 (3 versions with diffrent furniture and one with a grip-pod foregrip)
- M16A2 (An old classic with an M203 version)
- M16A4 (A more modernised M16A2 with RIS foregrip and an M203 version).

* I realise a DMR isn't technically an assault rifle, but I already had the model done as part of a weapon pack I helped develop for my old squad so I decided to include it.

FUTURE PLANS:
I do plan to include other rifles in future versions, as well as more variants of currently included rifles - most are in the "one day, when I have the time!" stage.
Throughout development I have been in two-minds as to whether or not to use custom sound files for the weapons firing sounds. I already use a few custom sounds for the bolt opening/closing and selector switches being used when switching firing modes. However, inheriting default weapon sounds from the base game's weapons allows users to use their own preferred sound mod and have this pack integrate seemlessly with other addons that do the same. If demand is high enough I may well implement custom sounds, or perhaps an alternate config to allow for choice but as of right now the weapons use sounds from the base-game's weapons.

CREDITS:
Without the help, advice and permissions of the people listed below this pack would not have been possible, so a huge thank you needs to be extended to the following people:
- Twinke Masta (Johan Santana) - (M4A1 base model/textures)
- Krycek - (M16A2 model pieces)
- Da12thMonkey/UKF - (FA556-212 Suppressor base-model/textures)
- Frimenitnet - (AKM base model)
- Stefan Engdahl - (M203 textures and base-model)
- PuFu - (PuFu's sarcasm rivals my own and the forum post made by PuFu often kept me amused and motivated)
- Eddie Price - (Massive amount of work on the textures of most rifles and attachments and a lot of suggestions for model tweaks)

VERSION HISTORY:
v1.0 - This release

Q&A:
- What does this mod require?
Please see the "'REQUIREMENTS' section below

- Do you plan to add <insert weapon name here>?
Maybe, but don't ask/demand/request/pleased/offer bribes for......infact bribes might work...

- When will the next update/addition be released?
When its ready...

- Can I make a mission/campaign/showcase for your addon?
Go for it. Being used in missions is why I released the addon in the first place.

THE ALL IMPORTANT DOWNLOAD LINKS:

SJB ASSAULT RIFLES V1.00 - STEAM WORKSHOP - Mirrors to follow

SJB WEAPONS CORE V1.00 - STEAM WORKSHOP - Mirrors to follow

REQUIREMENTS:
Arma3 with the latest update
This addon makes use of CBA's ASDG-JR (Joint Rails) and as a result requires CBA for Arma3 to function properly (read: at all as its listed as a required addon in the config).
This addon also requires 'SJB Weapons Core v1.0' which contains all of the ammunition, magazine defines and magazine proxies for use across all of my planned weapon packs.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

I still remember your navy seal pack in ofp! They were awesome!

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2020 at 10:39 AM, Crielaard said:

UGL variants ok the HK416 and 417?

Eventually. Will probably add an M203 version for now (as I've already got the M203 model included), but I've made some headway on an AG36-style UGL model so that can be a future-replacement.

• Thanks 1

im-back.jpg

So, its been 18 months of trials and tribulations in my real-life. I've still been around and active on here but have lacked motivation to work on much of anything. I wont go into details but suffice it to say that I'm now back to having some more free time to put into working on the update.

Without further delay, here is what is planned for the next version of the AR Pack - no idea on a release yet, still a lot of stuff to hash-out but hopefully it'll be before Arma4...

--- FIXES/TWEAKS ---
- Adjusted saturation of OD furniture on Diemaco/Colt-Canada (C7/C8) rifles
- Fixed a few janky part animations on various rifles (bolt return lever, triggers etc)
- Huge overhaul to rvmats and materials to give a more uniform and realistic look to metals, plastics etc.

--- ADDITIONS ---
- AK74M
- FN FAL & FN FAL PARA
- G3A3
- G3-SG1
- M110 (I know its *technically* a sniper-rifle but it shares common elements with AR-10 based rifles so...)
- M4A1 DMR Variant with MAGPUL Stock, extended barrel and new foregrip (because I was bored).

Oh, and a brand new model for the L119A2s courtesy of Joris Chambard. It now also has an SFW configuration too 👍

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Awesome to see more weapon mods being worked on, hope the update goes well. Best of luck!

• Thanks 1