Maciccio

arma2oaserver.exe it doesn't work in Windows server 2016

Hi everyone.
I rented a server to run Arma2 OA but when I open the file the error 0xc000007b immediately comes out. I have installed all the .net frameworks, all the visual studios and all the directx, but the program doesn't want any to work.
How do I solve the problem? Please, I love Arma2 OA

Scanning the arma2oaserver.exe file with VirusTotal, it tells me that arma2oaserver.exe opens the following files:

Opened files:
😄 \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ winime32.dll
😄 \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ ws2_32.dll
😄 \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ Ws2help.dll
😄 \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ psapi.dll
😄 \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ imm32.dll
😄 \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ lpk.dll
😄 \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ usp10.dll
😄 \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ winmm.dll
😄 \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ dsound.dll

In the system32 folder of Windows server 2016, these files are all but one: winime32.dll

The thing is, this dll file can't find it anywhere
Could this be the problem?

I would say that it is some error related to .net frameworks or visual studios, it is the only thing that comes to mind

9 hours ago, dalber24 said:

I would say that it is some error related to .net frameworks or visual studios, it is the only thing that comes to mind

The server is fresh for two days. And I have installed all versions of Visual studio and all .NET Framework. It can't be their mistake 🤕

That you know, does it work on Windows server 2016 or not?

1 hour ago, Maciccio said:

That you know, does it work on Windows server 2016 or not? 

I can't be sure because I haven't tried it, but I never heard of someone who had that problem, now I'm downloading WS2016 to test.
I think it should work without problems.

ok, now I can confirm this, I have installed windows server 2016 and I have done the test, everything works perfectly.

13 hours ago, dalber24 said:

ok, now I can confirm this, I have installed windows server 2016 and I have done the test, everything works perfectly.

OMG. Then I don't understand why it doesn't work on mine. Did you only install Windows 2016 and it started immediately? Or did you put additional software?

do not install anything but directx, just install windows server 2016, start the server, I got an error that I was missing directx dll so I installed directx ran it again and it worked without problems.

I don't know what the problem you have there is, it's strange, did you try running it as administrator?

17 hours ago, dalber24 said:

I can't be sure because I haven't tried it, but I never heard of someone who had that problem, now I'm downloading WS2016 to test.
I think it should work without problems.

1 hour ago, dalber24 said:

do not install anything but directx, just install windows server 2016, start the server, I got an error that I was missing directx dll so I installed directx ran it again and it worked without problems.

I don't know what the problem you have there is, it's strange, did you try running it as administrator?

Yes. now i try to format and reinstall it

Strange but now it works. I don't know why ... even before the WS2016 installation was clean.
Now it works but the server crashes a lot. Maybe it stays up for a few hours, sometimes less, then crashes.
Are there any solutions for this?

I have no idea, you should look at the dedicated server log "arma2oaserver.RPT" to try if you can see what happened.

Thanks for your help dalber24 🤗 It kept crashing so I threw myself on Arma3