Sign in to follow this  
IIIXJokerXIII

Arma streaming is divided. Should it be?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way.  I still play/stream Arma 2 & Arma 3 with it's expansions and mods.  I have people all the time commenting on my streams "I thought this was dead! I didn't know people still played this" or "What is THIS! I didn't know you could play this in Arma".  At 1st I just overlooked it but now I see more of what's going on.  I stream to many platforms so this maybe why I've noticed it.  Many of the streaming platforms have the arma games broken down to the expansions or just force them into some "Other" category.  If anything was ever wrong with Arma I feel this is it.  I think the streaming platforms should just have an "Arma Series" category where you have everything from people playing Milsims to life/dayz mods that way people can see Arma is more than and any one of these alone.  The Arma series for me has been so great because I can play a MilSim; fight in wars over the years then go kill some zombies or aliens in both A2 & A3.  Having the forums broken down is one thing but as to streaming it hurts the arma community IMO.  I feel we should push to get the streaming platforms to combine all of the arma stuff to just one category called "Arma Series".  Well this is my opinion tell me how you all feel about this?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IIIXJokerXIII said:

Well this is my opinion tell me how you all feel about this?

Personally I couldn't care less. I've never understood the idea of streaming in the sense that I would much rather play the game for myself than watch someone else play it for me. That's my personal opinion.

With regard to expanding the categories that streaming Arma falls under, I think you'd be better off addressing that on each platforms' forums rather than on here, as it wont be anything to do with BI (unless they start subsidising/sponsoring streaming on various platforms, which I doubt will ever happen.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jackal326 said:

Personally I couldn't care less. I've never understood the idea of streaming in the sense that I would much rather play the game for myself than watch someone else play it for me. That's my personal opinion.

With regard to expanding the categories that streaming Arma falls under, I think you'd be better off addressing that on each platforms' forums rather than on here, as it wont be anything to do with BI (unless they start subsidising/sponsoring streaming on various platforms, which I doubt will ever happen.

Thanks for the reply and the reason I'm posting here 1st is because your opinion and the others here will matter to me more.  If this community likes it the way it is now I won't even push it, but if more people here feels like me then I will.  As to watching the games vs playing them I totally agree but we can't over look how streaming help us all.  Just look at how many new players the Arma Series picked up because of streamers like Dslyecxi, Jester814, FRANKIEonPC, & SovietWomble

The whole "I thought this was dead" and "I didn't know you could do this" crowd sound to me like the people that got arma just to play life servers to be honest, and so have little idea of what the game can actually do. Which is no skin off my nose, they're allowed to play what they enjoy. I'm just not into that sort of thing. 

But on the streaming categories, wouldn't it just be easier for people to stream under the base, and simple, title of ArmA3?

Ohhh, and to be fair to the aforementioned crowds, I can now sink the USS Freedom, and that's something I KNEW couldn't be done in this game 😁

There's always something new to discover. 

17 hours ago, beno_83au said:

But on the streaming categories, wouldn't it just be easier for people to stream under the base, and simple, title of ArmA3?

I agree I think I'm going to start streaming everything Arma to the Arma 3 channel that way we have more then just mostly life servers streaming.  I get so many people on my stream thinking the only active servers left are life servers now days lol.  I've always seen it as if we can get more players playing any kind of Arma stuff equals more mod devs that fix and make better assets for everyone in the Arma series. :hyper: