SouthernHorror

Some questions about Arma 3 Vehicle Loadouts

In the Arma 3 Vehicle Loadouts
the vehicle config - CfgVehicles is described.

class CfgVehicles
{
	class Plane_Base_F;
	class Plane_CAS_01_base_F: Plane_Base_F
	{
		class Components;
	};
	class B_Plane_CAS_01_Pylons_F: Plane_CAS_01_base_F
	{
		class Components: Components
		{
			class TransportPylonsComponent
			{
				class pylons // Pylons are indexed to aircraft model's proxies IDs in the order they are written in class Pylons
				{
					class pylons1 // left wingtip
					{
						maxweight	= 560;                                  // kg, magazine with higher mass will not be allowed on this pylon
						hardpoints[]	= {"B_BOMB_PYLON"};                     // magazine with at least one same hardpoints name will be attachable
						//hardpoint[]	= { "A164_PYLON_1_10","LAU_7","B_ASRAAM", "SUU_63_PYLON", "BRU_32_EJECTOR", "B_BOMB_PYLON", ... }; // just example for community, I am sure you will go closer to realism
						attachment	= "PylonPod_1Rnd_Missile_AA_04_F";	// default magazine
						bay		= -1;                                   // index of bay for animation
						priority	= 5;                                    // pylon with higher priority is used to fire missile first, this can by changed in run time by script command setPylonsPriority
						UIposition[]	= { 0.1, 0.25 };                        // x,y coordinates in 3DEN UI
						turret[]	= {};                                   // default owner of pylon/weapon, empty for driver
					};
					class pylons2: pylons1
					{
						maxweight	= 800; // kg
						attachment[]	= { ProxyPylonPod_3x_Missile_AGM_02_F };
						priority	= 4;
					};
					class pylons3: pylons1	{ priority = 3; };
					class pylons4: pylons1	{ priority = 2; };
					class pylons5: pylons1	{ priority = 1; };
					class pylons6: pylons5	{ mirroredMissilePos = 5; }; // Will copy loadout from pylon 5 in when "Mirror" is checked in Eden loadout interface. And proxies/missiles racks on this pylon will be re-indexed by magazine::mirrorMissilesIndexes[]
					class pylons7: pylons4	{ mirroredMissilePos = 4; };
					class pylons8: pylons3	{ mirroredMissilePos = 3; };
					class pylons9: pylons2	{ mirroredMissilePos = 2; };
					class pylons10: pylons1	{ mirroredMissilePos = 1; }; // right wingtip
				};
				class Bays
				{
					class BayCenter // corresponding to pylons/##pylon##/bay=1;
					{
						bayOpenTime		  = 1;
						openBayWhenWeaponSelected = 1.0; // float value, can be used to half open bay

// -1 keep open, 0 close after last missile, > 0 keep open for given time after last shot
						autoCloseWhenEmptyDelay   = 2; // when last shot keep 2s open after last shot
					};
					class BayRight // corresponding to pylons/##pylon##/bay=2;
					{
						bayOpenTime			= 0.8;
						openBayWhenWeaponSelected	= 0.0;
					};
					class BayLeft: BayRight{}; // corresponding to pylons/##pylon##/bay=3;
				};
			};
		};
	};
};

1. in which file is the code written?

2. how is the file called?

3. I can't find the class "B_Plane_CAS_01_Pylons_F" in the config viewer.
Is "_Pylon_F" of the vehicle class added there? e.g. the standard wipeout has the class "B_Plane_CAS_01_dynamicLoadout_F", does it have to look like this: "B_Plane_CAS_01_Pylon_F"?

The answer for 1 and 3 are no. That's just an example of adding/modifying.

The answer for 2 is config.cpp or  config.bin. That's not what you can do in-game on-the-fly, but for MODs. So, ARMA 3 - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING is not the place to discuss this. (I'm not saying move this, just a notify)

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick response.

So I use under Arma 3 Vehicle Loadouts/scripting the available scripting commands to equip in-game on-the-fly helicopters/planes with other loudouts?

I tried the demo example, and inserted the resulting code into the respawn module in the expression field, so I respawned the aircraft with the equipment.

Sorry for choosing the wrong place in the forum.

Best Gregards