avibird 1

Can't get the open close door module to work help needed!

Hello people I have been away from Arma for a while getting back into mission making. There are two modules door open/close and edit terrain but I can't get them to work. 

I want doors to shut following any opfor or IND units that enter into this particular building. I don't know if the modules are still working or I'm doing something wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated. Avibird

Does anyone know if the open/close door module or the terrain module still works or ever really worked to get the doors to shut after a unit enters into a building. I attempt to setup of the close door module syn to a trigger that is syn to a group (4 units) of opfor  that enter the building. The door did shut a few times but very inconsistent may like 1 out of like 10 attempts.

So there is no way to get the close door module to work!  Help please not a lot of information out there about getting doors to close once the AI enter a building. 

7 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

So there is no way to get the close door module to work!  Help please not a lot of information out there about getting doors to close once the AI enter a building. 

For one door it's not so difficult to script. For AIs closing/opening doors on their paths, it's a little bit more difficult.

Module has nothing to do with that. You can try to hack its code for your condition, but it's far easier to script something adapted.

I once wrote some code for opening doors. Not sure if this is what you want but anyway you can take a look at this thread (scroll to the middle):
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1811652773/1642052612851708545/

You have to manually walk (or teleport) to every building and "select" the doors you want.
The script automatically creates triggers that can open the door (if the door' animation name matches its selection name)
You can easily modify it to close doors too. (by changing the trigger deactivation code)

If it works, you have my permission to use it.