Hi @Valken

It is very interesting and spectacular what can be done for some time with these AIs, although useless for texture generation since they are flat images and do not have human form. It is very possible that when generating the face also moved the position of the eyes or mouth and not to fit in the UV texture map this would not fit in the mesh model.

SNjuOWZ.png

As I understand it you would have to start a project specifically for Arma3 faces and train that AI to recognize the different facial parts of a model texture in the UV.
So much for any simple hobby artist.

But besides all this, the problem is that I have an AMD graphic and that requires Nvidia, so I can't test it.

But as I always comment, this issue is beyond the main topic of this mod, as it has no direct application. The same goes for the image enlarger with AI to create more detail and a long etc....
It is common to think that you can use a magic wand to turn an elephant into a horse. But the reality is that only through hard work you can achieve these things.

Maybe beyond 2035, we will have these tools, because who would think in my time (long time ago...) to have intelligent spell checkers or language translators (thanks DeepL).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goodbye acne!

Version 1.370

We are working for everyone's health, so no more of those pimply faces...
Normalmap (NOHQ) textures have been corrected for higher quality in 150+ of our faces. Now it is possible to brighten them and not die trying to add beauty filter to the max.

gnckXNg.jpg

Also the combination of 155 faces with the 23 different heads has been added (not including story characters with first and last name and female characters).

Faces add an alphabetic code at end of class, e.g. "Face01a":

a ->African
b ->Asian
c ->Greek
d ->White
e ->Bearman
f ->Boy
g ->Chief
h ->Ethiopian
i ->Grinding
j ->Japanese
k ->Jawbone
l ->Kenyan
m ->Miller
n ->Moviestar
o ->Ohara
p ->Persian
q ->Poland
r ->Reynolds
s ->Russian
t ->Samoan
u ->Skydive
v ->Spanish
w ->Vietnamese

This creates a total of 155 faces * 23 head types = 3565 face combinations!

But don't worry they are hidden, is only head & face combinations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:35 PM, Valken said:

Hi Jove,

I did not know that original textures were that small.

I wonder if we can take the CWC texture files and run it through an AI scaler to enhance details and scale it up?

Then rework it in a paint program?

I just tried some online ones:

https://vanceai.com/

https://icons8.com/upscaler

https://imageupscaler.com/upscale-image-4x

Both look like crap. I just upscaled it in paint.net app and it looks better. 

If you have an idea I would love to help as the characters from CWC were so interesting.

Edit - agree with you about remaking ARMA 2 in ARMA 3. 

I want to play Red Harvest with Coop and Razor team again in ARMA 3 engine. Ideally in COOP MP mode online for a refresh.

The CO, then the PMC, BAF and ACR missions!

If there was an easy way to do a port or CUP/RHS replacement scripting, that would probably help.

Thank you again for all the hard and great work!

Thank you for these sites. They were indeed helpful. However, I compared them with ImgUpscaler and found it way better in terms of accuracy and quick results.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I am experimenting with Mind-blowing A.I. technology (but the paid kind) and the results are amazing. Much more detailed textures.

TDcigKn.png

Then and now...
As you can see the improvement is focused on the dentral part of the face and the hair or beard around it.

atBc0kP.png

You might get an update soon, but don't be afraid of the realism afterwards!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

At 2K resolution

Version 1.400

Thanks to some people's advice and experimenting with it little by little, I have found the perfect spot for the use of AI in the face texture rework for Arma 3.

Of course it wasn't free and I had to pay to get the service of a Mind-blowing A.I. technology and thanks to that I was able to enlarge the quality of the textures to a 2K size (which is 400% more definition).

uUVCVNJ.gif

It's true that the size has increased, but it hasn't caused any performance problems in the game.

I have also improved 61 faces of Arma 3 Vanilla... 

And finally, I have included myself in the list of faces... Very egocentric, I know. There is now a mini-me in the mod.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Great job and those faces are looking really good, thank you for your time. 👍

• Like 1

As mentioned in the workshop, here is the message that pops up: 'no entry: bin/config/CfgFacesMan_A3/camoCooper.identifyTypes'.

You have to click it away and there's no further problem than interrupting the loading process in editor or game.

Just saw in the .rpt there are a bunch of similar ones, like (example)  'No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/CamoFace81.identityTypes'.

Thanks for the help.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, von Graf said:

As mentioned in the workshop, here is the message that pops up: 'no entry: bin/config/CfgFacesMan_A3/camoCooper.identifyTypes'.

You have to click it away and there's no further problem than interrupting the loading process in editor or game.

Just saw in the .rpt there are a bunch of similar ones, like (example)  'No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/CamoFace81.identityTypes'.

Thanks for the help.

For some reason it gives you a dependency on the old camouflages, the mod changed the naming structure in the *.PBO a few months ago and you may have some that should be removed.

If it's not too much trouble could you reinstall the mod?

I'll add tomorrow the exact list of mods you should have.

If the error is when loading a mission, it's normal then as the camouflages are missing, so you don't need to reinstall anything.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting it.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 5:42 AM, Jove Chiere said:

If the error is when loading a mission, it's normal then as the camouflages are missing, so you don't need to reinstall anything.

Yes, that's the case. When I open the 3den editor or a mission in the game the message pops up. I did a reinstall though.

As I said before, it's not a real problem at all.

My version of Arma has such small issues regularly and the .rpt is almost unreadable without getting headache due to the 'spam' inside.

Glad the game is running properly, more or less. 

Two years on the head

Well, it's been two years since I started this project...
In full pandemic and being at home without being able to go out, what better time to dedicate myself to this madness of adapting all the heads of ArmA 2 and Take on Helicopters that I could find.
I can only say thanks for the support of this community, the encouragement and good intentions of many.
Thanks to this, I'm happy after this time with the current result.

Improvable? always...

ToH Characters evolution collage, comparative 2020/2021/2022.

ytBAtxX.jpg

z415vna.jpg

Se2gGvU.jpg

11YWZCS.jpg

YTTMcrB.jpg

acfWTGq.jpg

UoC31Cu.jpg

HjA5Q1W.jpg

HxiH3SZ.jpg

nR09n5j.jpg

Improving every day...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

This is one of those mods where I never realised how much I needed it until I tried it. 

Thank you so much for all the work you've put into this mod ❤️

• Like 1

5214 new Faces

Version 1.410

Ok, after the initial scare, I'll explain...

FlXoetM.jpg

I have just done something I have wanted to do for a long time.
They are not really new heads, they are combinations of 237 existing face textures (including the official ones), with the 23 existing head shapes (also including the official ones). Added 5214 new faces (for a total of 5521).
In the Arsenal when you want to choose a head they don't appear, but when you add a soldier on the map, MAGIC!
Now you will see a bigger and more varied globality in the AIs that appear on the terrain without overloading the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jove, got a couple questions:

- Were you going to separate the female heads into a different mod? I know you had asked opinions on it in the past.

- Do these heads have different identity groups, like "toh_spanish_heads" or something like that?

• Thanks 1

One of the reasons I posted my thanks earlier was because of the variety in faces you see when dealing with civilians, and now you go and do this!!! 😲

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Airwolf said:

Jove, got a couple questions:

- Were you going to separate the female heads into a different mod? I know you had asked opinions on it in the past.

- Do these heads have different identity groups, like "toh_spanish_heads" or something like that?

Greetings @Airwolf,
1- Yes I was asked to separate the females by size, but the size change was not significant. So let's simply choose to add a differentiator at the beginning of the woman's name "(W)blah blah".
2- The heads use a similar nomenclature, yes.

For identityTypes[] in CfgFaces, i use the current ones Vanilla Arma 3:

• Head_Euro
  • Head_Greek
  • Head_Tanoan
  • Head_African
  • Head_Asian
  • Head_NATO
  • Head_TK

In the Contact DLC they added some that may be added soon.

• Head_Enoch
  • Head_Russian

And I was considering using the ones that existed in Arma 2, but nobody uses them anymore:

• Head_Irish
  • Head_European
  • Head_British
  • Head_Australian
  • Head_Canadian
  • Head_East_Asian
  • Head_Japanese
  • Head_Chinese
  • Head_BAF
  • Head_GER
  • Head_CDF
  • Head_RU
  • Head_CIV
  • Head_INS
  • Head_GUE
  • Head_PMC
  • Head_LCWF
  • Head_VME
  • Head_JSDF
  • Head_USMC

The choice is based on the head originally used in Arma2 and the skin tone and shape of the face texture.

Fully compatible with 9ACG Cold War Factions... 😉

11 hours ago, JD Wang said:

One of the reasons I posted my thanks earlier was because of the variety in faces you see when dealing with civilians, and now you go and do this!!! 😲

Hahaha, I'm sorry, forgive me @JD Wang...
It's not perfect, and the difference between people is almost minuscule at times. But it reduces the chances of finding 2 equal faces.
And since I also improved most of Arma3 vanilla textures (Contact textures are pending), I also did the same experiment with them.

I guess I must have some trauma that I have been obsessed by the heads and faces of Arma3.

Thanks for using them... 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This mod is amazing, great work, thank you so much for this!
I love trying on new faces and combinations.

However....
Would it be possible to include more humans in this mod?

From the images on the steam workshop:
ftZDxC0.png
RSaxcbI.jpeg

It seems to be that the species represented in this mod have very red eyes.
Real humans, such as the employees of bohemia interactive displayed on images at the careers page at bohemia.net https://careers.bohemia.net/
a2lNwZX.png
have eye whites which reach from the iris of the eye to the end of the eye socket.

As visible in the following images, the iris of the eye (blue circle)
is where the white part starts and it ends behind the eye socket,
therefor the red part of the eye remains mostly invisible.
ps13iYL.png

here are some more examples of human eyes

LFCv0xY.png

MOI4W5E.png

ESIv0I8.png
8xGEuuO.png
sNEqegB.png

2SN8E6B.png

• Confused 1

On 3/20/2022 at 2:43 AM, computer said:

Would it be possible to include more humans in this mod?

About the eyes, true that ArmA 3 has a little dark and gloomy. But they are the same as the ones the characters in ArmA 3 Vanilla have.

I am a slave to the visual style and limits of the features set by Bohemia.

• Sad 1

Minor update:

Version 1.420

-Faces of Africans and Tanoans are adjusted according to skin colour.
-Reduced the number of heads in Asian ethnicity to only Asian, Japanese and Vietnamese heads.

All faces are still active, they just don't participate in identityTypes.

I'm currently working a bit on the face creation for ArmA Reforger, and the truth is that adapting the A3 faces to AR is something spectacular.

Here are some examples A3 to AR (Miller, Dwarden, Solomon Maru, Krupin, Yakhin):

Spoiler

K1gzVn8.jpgqFDOE1z.jpgBKPXZSB.jpgj8i4ZkQ.jpg7xKprjf.jpg

Have a happy June.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Can I ask if you will consider this mod for DayZ SA since it is nearly the same engine? Or would configurations be different?

• Confused 1

On 6/8/2022 at 3:55 PM, Valken said:

Can I ask if you will consider this mod for DayZ SA since it is nearly the same engine? Or would configurations be different?

DayZ and Reforger is totally different... Anyway, the important thing here is not the engine, but the UVmap of the textures. DayZ is more similar to ArmA 3 by joining the body texture.

Spoiler

siH2bXb.png

In the case of ArmA 3 to ArmA Reforger I had to almost reinvent the textures, being very little similar to the original texture.

Spoiler

5GGan5A.jpg

Then there's the legal issue, it's already semi-illegal to port the A3 heads to AR, and that's within the same license more or less being all part of the ArmA universe, going to the DayZ license is another world that I don't even consider.

In conclusion, this is my TODO:

ArmA 3:                I'll keep improving the face textures.
ArmA Reforger:  Maybe I'll get to implement A3 textures in AR. A2 textures to AR might not be possible due to texture quality.
DayZ:                    I'm not going to create content for DayZ, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting to see, and appreciated that you're pushing into Reforger because it could certainly use an improvement of this magnitude.

• Thanks 1

Improved Livonia heat quality

Version 1.430

Since I'm back from holidays, I've advanced some of the Contact guys' faces to full 2K quality.

Livonia map and Aegis uniform/weapon

Livonia map and Aegis uniform/weapon

Also fixed the problem with the icons of the different DLCs when sorting by MOD in the arsenal (it was annoying for everyone to see them with my logo).
I've also been playing around with the _AS maps that take care of the occlusive shadows and have given it a touch more quality (little change but it improves a bit when there is no light).

And that's all for now, I'm still working with the camouflages to give a good experience.
Happy summer!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Small differences between women

Version 1.440

Greetings friends of physiognomy...
One thing I have been asked to do is to add identityTypes values for female faces. Now you can set your mods according to these values depending on the ethnicity of the woman.

Head_Euro_W
Head_Greek_W
Head_Tanoan_W
Head_African_W
Head_Asian_W
Head_NATO_W
Head_TK_W
Head_Enoch_W
Head_Russian_W

It's really simple, just add a _W to any existing identityTypes.

Good luck and happy holidays 2024.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2