Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sorry for criticism but I just want to help. Arma 3 helicopters FM not only terrible, but also initially wrong. In advanced FM mode when you pull joystick(cyclic stick) to do G-turn, rotor RPM is dramatically decreasing. IRL rotor RPM doesn't decreasing by G-turns(maneuvers), but instead they(RPM) increasing, because autorotation happens. Fix this problem please, because its ruining all flight experience in advanced mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is arma 3 a helicopter simulator or a combined arms platform with a focus on infantry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Is arma 3 a helicopter simulator or a combined arms platform with a focus on infantry?

BI tried to do realistic heli FM also they have Take on helicopters - heli sim with same problem. Why things must be wrong when they can easily be proper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest more reading before you start mixing things up or critcise:    https://www.faasafety.gov/gslac/alc/course_content_popup.aspx?cID=104&sID=451
Those are very basic concepts worth knowing in this regard. Autorotation, for instance, does have nothing to do with making turns (unless you're making a turn while in autorotation). Also, in IRL making a turn in helicopter usually requires pulling collective to maintain an altitude, which increses the drag produced by blades and may decrease the rotor's RPM. I may agree however, that pulling cyclic should increase the rotor's RPM while in forward motion, and as a matter of fact, it's suggested action during entry phase of an autorotation -> drop collective and pull cyclic to avoid excessive RPM decay below safe region. Obviously, this technique varies with the forward airspeed and helicopter model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NightIntruder said:

I would suggest more reading before you start mixing things up or critcise:    https://www.faasafety.gov/gslac/alc/course_content_popup.aspx?cID=104&sID=451
Those are very basic concepts worth knowing in this regard. Autorotation, for instance, does have nothing to do with making turns (unless you're making a turn while in autorotation). Also, in IRL making a turn in helicopter usually requires pulling collective to maintain an altitude, which increses the drag produces by blades and may decrease the rotor's RPM. I may agree however, that pulling cyclic should increase the rotor's RPM while in forward motion, and as a matter of fact, it's suggested action during entry phase of an autohover -> drop collective and pull cyclic to avoid excessive RPM decay below safe region. Obviously, this technique varies with the forward airspeed and helicopter model.

Believe me, I know what I'am talking about. I know how and why helicopters flying, how autorotation occurs... I know how checking flight models. I speak English not very well. London is capitol of Great Britain, how do you do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lowinternettroll said:

London is capitol of Great Britain, how do you do...

No, its the capital of England. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland each have their own capital cities (Glasgow, Cardiff and Belfast respectively).

 

Anyway, on topic - If you think the flight-model in Arma3 is bad, you should try playing the original Operation Flashpoint and for that matter Arma and Arma2; Its come a long way. I'm not saying its accurate or inaccurate to real-life, but its a hell of a lot closer than it was prior to ToH...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lowinternettroll said:

I know what I'am talking about. I know how and why helicopters flying, how autorotation occurs... I know how checking flight models.

So .... you fly helicopters for a living? or an instructor? or someone with a profession who deals with helicopters all day?

or are you in the military and deal with helicopters? or living up to your forum name here and being a troll?

 

     Your argument wouldn't hold up in court of law if you get my drift as your not providing any information or anything thats proves your points otherwise.

Alot of religion authorities say the same thing, believe them, they know what their talking about, then most fools say ok and go along

with it without asking why, or anything logical and asking for evidence.

 

You should ask this guy and see what he knows about helis, the guy is a freaking heli demon when it comes to flying

Im sure he would beg to differ.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CallMehTOMMEH

Same with Dslyecxi who is a big time heli fan, and flies in real life https://www.youtube.com/user/Dslyecxi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

No, its the capital of England. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland each have their own capital cities (Glasgow, Cardiff and Belfast respectively).

 

Anyway, on topic - If you think the flight-model in Arma3 is bad, you should try playing the original Operation Flashpoint and for that matter Arma and Arma2; Its come a long way. I'm not saying its accurate or inaccurate to real-life, but its a hell of a lot closer than it was prior to ToH...

Ok, capitol of England) Iam old fart, and I played Flashpoint.

9 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

So .... you fly helicopters for a living? or an instructor? or someone with a profession who deals with helicopters all day?

or are you in the military and deal with helicopters? or living up to your forum name here and being a troll?

 

     Your argument wouldn't hold up in court of law if you get my drift as your not providing any information or anything thats proves your points otherwise.

Alot of religion authorities say the same thing, believe them, they know what their talking about, then most fools say ok and go along

with it without asking why, or anything logical and asking for evidence.

 

You should ask this guy and see what he knows about helis, the guy is a freaking heli demon when it comes to flying

Im sure he would beg to differ.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CallMehTOMMEH

Same with Dslyecxi who is a big time heli fan, and flies in real life https://www.youtube.com/user/Dslyecxi

I just another internet guy, who played DCS world since he was named Lock ON(about 15 years). All yours authorities are not authorities for me at all.

Ok I try to explain simply. When you push cyclic, rotor cone and whole heli leans forward and heli start to fly forward, rotor cone sucking air from above and throwing air down and back and all surrounding airflow crosses rotor cone moves to the same direction. And after all this you pull cyclic(when you flying forward), rotor cone and whole heli leans back, but heli still moving forward by inertia. Now airflow hits cone from bottom to top at an angle. Now all autorotation conditions are complied and helicopter flying in gyroplane mode. Should I explain how autorotation works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are actually concerned about it and would like to see it changed, the appropriate path forward would be to file a ticket on the feedback tracker.

 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/

 

I would recommend reading all of the rules and procedures for doing so, as merely posting "it's wrong, fix it." will get you ignored straightaway.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×