Salty_Pepper

Trouble with hold waypoints and helicopters

Hey guys, I'm making a Vietnam themed mission to play with some friends and everything was going good. The trouble I'm having is that yesterday all my triggers and waypoints were consistently working, but today for some reason it's like they broke.  Let me explain what I want to happen and what's actually happening.  So I want a helicopter to land and hold until I get in the heli and then it should take off after 10 seconds and RTB, but instead the helicopter lands and sometimes it stays and does what i want it to do, but sometimes it just lands and takes off and holds about 50 meters in the air before anyone can enter.  I have a land waypoint and a hold waypoint, a trigger about the size of the helipad that skips the hold waypoint once I have been in the trigger area for 10 seconds.  Again, what is really weird is this sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  Do you guys have any suggestions, maybe a script I can use so they can stay on the ground?  Tell me if you need any extra info or pictures, I'm dying to solve this problem.

Once the helicopter lands and is at the landing area (setTriggerOwner the chopper to the trigger) you can use the trigger with a condition:

this && isTouchingGround NameOfChopper

whereas in the activation a simple:

NameOfChopper disableAI "MOVE";

and with a condition:

NameOfPlayer in NameOfChopper

you can have an activation

NameOfChopper enableAI "MOVE";

When simple things do not happen after so many efforts :smash:    

• Like 3

Holy crap, thank you times a million!  I really need to learn how to code.  That was so easy to fix with some simple scripting, but it's been giving me trouble all morning.  Honestly thank you, you just made my day, no joke.

• Like 1

Ah? I missed that.

I tried to disableAi... many things but the helo continued sometimes to stationary fly at 50 m high...

Spoiler

I spent weeks on that, but my next module addon release for "taxis" will pick the pilot (engine on that was a demand). As cherry on the cake, the player, now, can be picked up on a slope or at sea (whatever the waves could be 🤪)

• Like 1

@pierremgi Well in that case a:

NameOfPilot enableSimulation false;
Spoiler

would do the trick. But about modules and such I do not know how the creating process is like so I could be wrong on that one. Could that module work for landing on movable ships too? Because. at least last time I checked, for the Hellenic Navy Addon you have to attach the chopper to the ship and that is not good. Suddenly the engine freezes and such. Landing can be tweaked but on take-off it is an issue.

@Salty_Pepper Glad it all worked out 👍

• Like 1