Sign in to follow this  
gylfe

Arma 2 non-steam Win 10 issues

Hello all,

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I searched and could not find on here or google.  

I bought Arma 2 from their site years ago before steam was required.  I prefer to keep it that way.  I haven't been able to install it on my Win 10 laptop until recently.  Now I can install CO 1.0 fine and run it, but once I install OA 1.59, it begins having problems.  Once OA is installed it begins giving me a user account control error that the app was blocked for my protection with no option to proceed.  The same thing happens when I try to patch them to 1.1 and 1.60 respectively.  The only solution I could find was either running the command prompt in admin mode and starting it through there, or activating the admin account and doing it from there.  Obviously having to switch accounts or start it through a command prompt isn't a viable option for the long term.  I did disable all AV, UAC, gave full permissions to the folders all the way up to program files, and ran the install and patches as admin.

If anyone has encountered and resolved this issue or have any ideas how to fix this please let me know.

Thank you