Sign in to follow this  
dgonyea31

Question about CSAT in the contact dlc.

Contact happens in 2039 I know contact is a spinoff campaign but do CSAT's negotiations on membership count as canon? in an old discussion for CSAT country's a BI member said the answer to Russia being part of CSAT would be answered in 2039 (being contact). So would the negotiations be canon but the events of contact not? Just a curious gamer - D 

If you go to the Armed Assault Wiki page and navigate to CSAT they have actually listed the contact DLC and what it means for Russia and CSAT membership without actually including the events within the contact. (https://armedassault.fandom.com/wiki/CSAT)

I think it is fairly obvious from the T-140 Angara from the tanks DLC that Russian technology and influence on CSAT's technology were already very significant and with the canon story being that Russia was denouncing NATO, their membership of CSAT was essentially all but guaranteed.

The beauty of an open-ended story is it leaves wiggle room for us to create our own stories on Bohemia's backbone.

• Like 1

I believe it was implied that CSAT and the Russians are at the very least allies, but I don't think Russia is a part of CSAT just yet by 2039.