I'm having issues making the wiki examples work - can't get access to do more on there ...

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/unitTurret

I've ran google with "aram3 unitTurret site:bistudio.com" to find all the mentions & it looks like a real dud ... but no documentation that it's broken. 

I've a chunk of time on this, read other wiki links from it etc.  There is no one else according to google who's asked this question before (BI's search feature time limits you after the first 10 or 15 searches within 15 minutes or some threshold & I do way more research than that.  The closest I got to anything helpful was ...

// Am running via console in VR mission sitting in a mg turret

Example 1:

_vehicle unitTurret _gunner;

Example 2:

vehicle player unitTurret player;

My result ...

Code Example 2:

vehicle player unitTurret player;

Error:

'vehicle player |#|unitTurret player;'
Error Missing ;

The other example fails too

Code Example:

_v = (vehicle player);
_v unitTurret player;

Error:

'_v = (vehicle player);
_v |#|unitTurret player;'
Error Missing ;

On 7/29/2020 at 11:58 PM, Harzach said:

Are you on Dev branch?

ZhZMubU.png

Lolz - so this doesn't mean it's for developers huh? 😉

Ty ... missed that because turretUnit isn't & that was a direct link I followed per other people's advice of following all the links in my last post - my assumption of good organizational approaches on the wiki cost me a chunk of time doing research for nothing 😞

• Confused 1

There's usually good info at the top of any Biki entry. Mainly locality, but sometimes you'll save yourself this pain as well. Also, the description might point you to a better command for your purposes.

Locality indicators:
ExaF3rI.png

• Like 1

You can hover over the icon, it says its introduced in development branch 1.99. If you start your game and look at the version number, you'll see that you are on 1.98, a command introduced in 1.99 won't work in 1.98

• Like 2