Sign in to follow this  
dgonyea31

No message received

Hi I've been playing arma 3 for awhile and I've never had an issue like this. I'm not entirely sure if this is an arma problem or steam. No matter what I do whenever I join a MP server I get no message received and it isn't my internet as everything else run's fine. I've tried verifying game files, closing steam completely and even uninstalling steam and arma but the issue still continues. If anyone thinks they might know a fix it would be great! thanks - Dil

Welcome to BI forums!

On 7/26/2020 at 8:50 PM, dgonyea31 said:

whenever I join a MP server I get no message received

Just to rule out some possible areas to joining servers, the servers you are joining do they require mods for the missions they are running?

Here are some things that may bring up this message:

• Missing mods the server requires for a mission its running.
  •  DDoS settings in your router, the volume and number of connections that the router is being asked to handle is to high.
  • Server needs a restart.
  • Bandwidth, meaning the amount of data you can receive at a time is extremely low on your system or your firewall is blocking connection to the server.
  • Your antivirus is blocking the connection.
  • On a dev build which was updated.
  • Slow internet, low or loss of data, and or power.

Another point:

This helps with the problem of lost connection in multiplayer.

1. Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center.
  2. Look on the left side of window and click on Change adapter settings. It will open a new window with your computers network adapters.
  3. Look for the one you have connected and right click on it, then properties.
  4. Click on the configure tab. This will open the network adapters properties page. Look at the tabs across the top and click on the last tab Power Management.
  5. Uncheck the box that says Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
  6. Then go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options.
  7. Choose or customize a power plan. Check the High Performance setting. If its not showing pick show additional plans.

This will also help with running your pc without turning off everything to save power, if you were running your pc on batteries, not plugged into the wall.

This is a default setting in windows that can cause you to loose your internet while playing some games.

Lastly if anything post your latest RPT log which can be located here:

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Open it with notepad, copy everything in it, paste it in a spoiler, or paste it here https://justpaste.it/

publish and post a link. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Welcome to BI forums!

Just to rule out some possible areas to joining servers, the servers you are joining do they require mods for the missions they are running?

Here are some things that may bring up this message:

• Missing mods the server requires for a mission its running.
  •  DDoS settings in your router, the volume and number of connections that the router is being asked to handle is to high.
  • Server needs a restart.
  • Bandwidth, meaning the amount of data you can receive at a time is extremely low on your system or your firewall is blocking connection to the server.
  • Your antivirus is blocking the connection.
  • On a dev build which was updated.
  • Slow internet, low or loss of data, and or power (see below)

Another point:

This helps with the problem of lost connection in multiplayer.

1. Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center.
  2. Look on the left side of window and click on Change adapter settings. It will open a new window with your computers network adapters.
  3. Look for the one you have connected and right click on it, then properties.
  4. Click on the configure tab. This will open the network adapters properties page. Look at the tabs across the top and click on the last tab Power Management.
  5. Uncheck the box that says Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
  6. Then go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options.
  7. Choose or customize a power plan. Check the High Performance setting. If its not showing pick show additional plans.

This will also help with running your pc without turning off everything to save power, if you were running your pc on batteries, not plugged into the wall.

This is a default setting in windows that can cause you to loose your internet while playing some games.

Lastly if anything post your latest RPT log which can be located here:

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Open it with notepad, copy everything in it, paste it in a spoiler, or paste it here https://justpaste.it/

publish and post a link. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I resolved this issue a little earlier turns out my router just needed a restart 😛

• Like 1

Good deal!

In the future no need to quote the whole post, a reply with what your going to say will suffice.

Happy you got it sorted.