Melody_Mike

First Person Camera AND Disabled Controls

Hello everyone!

I would like my multiplayer mission to start with a cutscene of the player walking through a room and interacting with something (as an animation), before giving control to the player. 

I am able to initiate the walking animation for the player. But unfortunately,

A) the player can still turn the camera (and thus turn the character from its prescribed path).

B)  I can't find the appropriate BIKI command to stopping the animation.

Here's the first draft of my intro.sqf file, that is execVM'd as soon as the mission starts:

player1 switchCamera "INTERNAL";
[] spawn {
  waitUntil {time > 0};
  while {time < 20} do {
    player1 playMove "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDf";   
  };
}; 

Do be merciful; it is my first attempt at using animations.

@JohnKalo Thanks for the suggestion!

However :suspect:, it seems that the script, and the given example, use an external camera to make (quite awesome) panning, zooming, and establishing shots. That this script exists is a bit puzzling for me, because https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/camPrepareTarget and the related commands are reasonably straightforward to use. Even in multiplayer, you can simply execute the camera moves locally. 

But my problem is in creating a first person camera, where the player is doing an animation (walking, then interacting), and the player is temporarily prevented from making inputs. Do you know a script for that, a youtube tutorial, or a user mission?

Thanks @JohnKalo

I'd found "hubspectator_walk" as a walking animation that disabled player control, in another topic: 

But didn't know how to stop it. The solution seems to be to use sleep as a timer (I used waitUntil and while loops) and an appropriate transition animation to stop the walking and put the player back in control..

I really really wish there was a topic or mod that gave a good overview of all the animations. The ingame animation viewer truly doesn't cut it.

Good find! 

• Like 1

I believe that you have to use this command:

player switchmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";

To reset the player.