Hi folks,

I'm pretty new on the forum so please forgive me if I don't know someting that was discussed before my post. I'm not a native english, so please ignore my poor spelling.

At this point of time, I played Arma 3 for ca. 900 hours. I noticed a pretty annoying bug on some of the community Maps. Every lake, pond or river above sea level is glitched and just not nice to look at. I don't know if it's a problem with the texture of the water, because the only texture I can see, is the one of the ocean (and the one of the river that flows through Livonia, but I think those are the same ones). That bug is extremely annoying, because it ruins so well made maps for me. Chernarus 2035, Virolahti and more are affected by it and I wasn't able to find anyone with a similar bug. 

I've made a video where you can see the bug, but at that point of time, I didn't know that I was able to walk through the river on one or two locations.

The map in the video was Virolahti, I highly recommend you to give Virolahti a try if you haven't done it yet.

Video:

Summary of the bugs:

Reflection is not reflecting what it should + weird shift of the reflection

waves are… well… broken

water renders incorrect if further away

I have noticed that bug ca. 1 and a half year ago and it really is gamebreaking for me and my friends.

If you can help me fix that bug, I would be very thankful!

Have a nice day!

Any water above 0m is pond objects, which are well known for being broke. They did get patched up a couple of years ago, before they use to look like you was LSD lol

But yeah ponds objects are broke (ish) and most likely always will be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoF said:

But yeah ponds objects are broke (ish) and most likely always will be.

So there is no way of fixing that mess? Because I didn't see anyone else with that bug. 

6 hours ago, Jakarn DGB said:

So there is no way of fixing that mess? Because I didn't see anyone else with that bug. 

Everyone gets the dodgy pond's, nothing you can do about it

• Like 1

Well... I should lern to live with it. 

Thanks for your fast reply mate, I appreciate that! 

It's a limit of the current Game Engine. The only true water is the game water table at sea-level. It used to be way worse! It's not bad now... You can explore making your own custom "water objects" as they are just .pd3 objects, but probably not worth the effort nor time.

You can lessen some of the effects, by never rotating a pond object. An each pond object must be its own .p3d, don't reuse the same one without renaming it.

^ just some info for people coming across it using google etc

• Like 1