Sign in to follow this  
mandaloin

Overwriting Local Mod Config?

Hello all,

I have a mod designed to overwrite the config of another mod, lets call it Mod A. When Mod A is from the Steam Workshop, all is well and my mod overwrites Mod A's config. However, when Mod A is downloaded from Armaholic and ran as a local mod, my mod no longer overwrites it. Is there anything I can do about this?

I'm not sure if it is still relevant, but back in the OFP days there was a thing known as "mod load order". Many games nowadays have it (Skyrim, Fallout etc.) whereby if 'Mod A' loads before 'Mod B' then anything defined in both mods will take the values from 'Mod B'

As I said above I'm not sure if its still the case for Arma (look Dedman, I said 'Arma' not ArmA!) but you could try that.

That being said I seem to remember the 

requiredAddons[] = {};

array in the cfgPatches part of a config.cpp was used to allow mods to load correctly.

Add 'ModA's cfgPatches name to the requiredAddons part of ModB's config and see if that helps...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

Add 'ModA's cfgPatches name to the requiredAddons part of ModB's config and see if that helps...

The problem is Mod B's config is mod A's config. It has to be because Mod B only exists to eliminate a dependency on JSRS in Mod A. If I change B's config, A still retains that dependency and will throw errors when playing without JSRS.

11 hours ago, mandaloin said:

The problem is Mod B's config is mod A's config...

What?

You're screwed either way. If ModA requires JSRS, and ModB requires ModA, you'll need JSRS...

The only way to fix your issue would be to edit ModA's original config and remove the JSRS dependency but that is about 13 different types of sketchy as you'll need the original author's permission.