Sign in to follow this  
neofit

Old Man: insurgents issue

Hi,

From the help I got in-game, I guess there are two ways to use the weapons I am looting:

1/ Sell them at the insurgents' camp for money

2/ Put them into a box at a stash house for about half the money plus some kind of reputation with the said insurgents

Where do I see this reputation level?

Also, I've got this when looking at the insurgents screen:

Arm-A-3-Screenshot-2020-07-23-09-32-51-9

Does this mean that my game is broken and that I should restart? Is there any way to figure out if it will be broken again, before wasting my time playing for another hour before this screen becomes available again?

Or is this "normal" and will start displaying proper figures as soon as I interact somehow with this faction? I've already sold weapons to their quartermaster and put some into the stash box, do I have to go on an actual assault with them for this box to fix itself?

Thanks

Did you get a call from Samjo informing you that he's pleased with your progress? You won't be able to request for L'Ensemble assistance over the phone until your reputation is positive (you're still sitting at neutral with them).

Reputation is awarded based on the quality (not quantity) of your donations, by the way. You need to give a lot of low/medium quality weapons and ammo to increase your reputation level, or just donate a few high quality things like an ASP-1 or a Vorona to get a huge boost in one go.

6 minutes ago, drebin052 said:

Did you get a call from Samjo informing you that he's pleased with your progress? You won't be able to request for L'Ensemble assistance over the phone until your reputation is positive (you're still sitting at neutral with them).

Reputation is awarded based on the quality of your donations, by the way. You need more than just a few weapons and ammo to increase your reputation level.

I've received a phone call from Samjo telling me he was happy with me blowing up the house, his first mission. After that I got the "Insurgents" button on the map screen. But I'd still appreciate an answer to my questions:

1/ Where do I see the reputation level?

2/ Is it normal to have the 'Not available' "figures" on my insurgency screen or should I start over?

The Vagalala mission only unlocks L'Ensemble interactions. You haven't actually gone up reputation levels.

1. Your reputation level isn't visible. The only way to know is whenever Samjo calls you to notify Santiago about changes and what options you have on your phone menu.

2. Yes. It's Not available because you are not at a positive reputation level and haven't unlocked the ability to call for help yet.

This is what your phone screens will look like once you're sitting at +3 reputation, though you may not see some of these options as of your current level:

7b02SBv.png

Cvllcqh.png

qmF4xew.png

Thanks. To me "Not Available" sounds like the "N/A" in Excel, which means that one has an error somewhere. I'd rather they replaced them by zeros.

BTW, is that level, +3 or something, when you have -20%/+20% and accommodations at 100 (when Samjo says "lowest prices"), the highest one? Because I've given them about 1K-2K for the first three levels, then about 20K worth of weapons after that but I didn't get any other message from Samjo.

+3 is just the maximum level of positive reputation that you can gain. There's seven levels in total starting at 0 (neutral) which can swing from +1, +2 and +3 (being the highest positive reputation) or -1, -2 and -3 (being the worst reputation).

You can keep donating after +3 but it won't change anything else since you've gotten the maximum discount.

17 minutes ago, drebin052 said:

You can keep donating after +3 but it won't change anything else since you've gotten the maximum discount.

Good to know one doesn't need to compulsively loot everything in sight anymore then :).