Sign in to follow this  
Fourty7

Invisible search filter on BI forums

Hey guys,

I was coming to post something else, wanted to make sure it hadn't been posted before via searching, and ran into this; 

When you go to search on the BI forums, the filter options it offers are shown as white text on a white background. I am not 100% sure these are supposed to be buttons, but there were what looked like checkboxes to their left (Not really visible in video).

It had been a while since I'd been to the forums, so I had to re log-in. Prior to logging in, the color theme of the website (Forum) had a completely white background, and when I logged in it switched to what you'd call "Dark mode".

I was assuming this was the cause of the issue, however I checked my profile settings, and account settings, and did not see a way to choose a color theme / disable "Dark mode".

On 7/23/2020 at 1:49 AM, Fourty7 said:

I was assuming this was the cause of the issue, however I checked my profile settings, and account settings, and did not see a way to choose a color theme / disable "Dark mode".

Bottom of the forums, to the left of Privacy Policy and Contact Us links.

QJTpAzc.png

Yeah, that filter window is broken when using Dark theme though. Also reply window you type your post in has white background which kinda defeats the purpose of a dark theme. Tabs to unfold spoiler tags are bright white as well.

@Janez Thanks for the reply & info. Very odd place to have the theme selector! :P

Maybe, most forums had it down there since what seems like forever. Perhaps it could be near the top or something but ultimately would it really matter? The setting is not necessarily dependent on ones account.

On 7/25/2020 at 3:21 AM, Janez said:

The setting is not necessarily dependent on ones account.

This is correct... However, when it was white before logging in, and dark after logging in, not sure why someone would think it wasn't related to their account on said website.

Certainly, I'm not disputing your steps to this point but merely pointing out that whether theme selector is in an odd section or not is entirely dependent on given situation, wouldn't you agree?