Atzlav Pawlaw

disable crossplay

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

first of all, i enjoy the game alot on the switch. But there is one thing, that i would love to change in the future, with the oncoming release as a free to play game on this platform: please disable cross play or make an option for every switch player to disable it.

The problem with crossplaying with xbox players is, that xbox players simply have better controls and therefore aiming in the game. Also, they have better graphics, which gives sniper f.e. a huge advantage over switch players ( and they can actually plug a mouse and a keyboard to their console, which takes this disadvantage on a whole new level). They have better contrasts and resolution so they can see other players much better and faster, than switch players. And as we all know, information and aiming are the key to success in this kind of game. Also their framerate is much better, the switch port runs on 30 fps downwards, while the console port runs on constant 60 fps)

So playing with a "natural" disadvantage to other players is just not fair and i think, that this can make alot of new players on the switch quit the game pretty fast, because the day will come, where you just get killed the x´ed time in situations, where you simply stood no chance because of this and move on to another game.

Also, many casual gamers will recognice the game as a switch only release   (i did in the beginning, before i informed myself) and going into your first match and getting ranked with lvl 50 experienced players with better controles, better weapons and knowledge right from the beginning is no good idea in my eyes to give an enjoyable experience to many new players. 

I would prefer a longer queue time much more than playing against skilled, advantaged high level players.

Please give these new players time to build their own meta, to learn the game in their own way alltogether in a fair gaming environment.

Thanks and have a nice day!

• Like 1

Perhaps cross play was desirable from a matchmaking perspective, until the switch player base is large enough to sustain itself, but it really sucks from a player experience perspective. Some xbox players can turn 180° and headshoot you in an instant. I have progressed to 30 in Season 4 and consider myself rather good at these types of games, but I am nowhere near the proficiency of the xbox players, probably for a number of reasons already mentioned by the OP.

Please let us turn this "feature" off. I don't mind waiting longer for fair matches.

• Thanks 1

They already talked about this in a few YT and other social media places. They have crossplay on for faster matchmaking. When the game becomes f2p, then they will look into adding it to the Switch. 

I wish they added it now though. I've played against Xbox players that had 5,000 kill titles. When I get in those kinds of lobbies, I just quit the game and try the next round. 

• Like 2

Just made level 9. Have been playing for just a few days now, so take my initial thoughts on the game with a grain of salt.  It’s definitely frustrating getting railed 9/10 matches by x-boxers with much more experience.   While I appreciate short lobby times, the option to select would be nice.  Personally, I would be happy to wait a couple more minutes to have a better chance at loot.  Or perhaps as the player base expands, add player tiers to keep matchmaking to similar skill levels.  Love the game but it’s hard times for switch noobs at the moment!  A little more loot in non centralized places would help as well.  Not  so much it makes it easy, but I typically hit 2-3 buildings and may find 3 pieces of glass.  I know there is more loot in better areas, but I simply can’t begin to compete for those spots at the moment.  

again, my initial 2 pennies. 

Hello 🙂 we aren't planning on allowing players to disable crossplay for now, as this would mean lengthy queue times for players which we want to avoid. This might change in the future, but currently, we are not thinking of giving the option to disable crossplay. 

It's been long enough and Switch players still mainly get matched with Xbox. The only time you have mainly Switch lobbies is when you're new and just starting. Then you hit a hidden threshold and start getting placed in mainly Xbox filled lobbies with people using scoped weapons and with hundreds or thousands of kills, and with the graphical differences Xbox has a HUGE advantage.  You guys NEED to either let us cut off crossplay,  or remove it entirely. 

On 7/8/2021 at 10:33 AM, fOrsythiaa said:

Hello 🙂 we aren't planning on allowing players to disable crossplay for now, as this would mean lengthy queue times for players which we want to avoid. This might change in the future, but currently, we are not thinking of giving the option to disable crossplay. 

crossplay is a sensitive subject on all kind of game, from Vigor to COD warzone etc. It's not fair to mix all kind of console and PC etc. 

But, think about this : money !!  For gamming company, to have server that can communicate and maybe drop the ammount of server too because of the crossplatform is a must.

I dont like crossplay too, but on freegame ..  money is important !

Rick