BlackbirdSD

Simulation Manager, do you guys use it? And how does it work?

Just saw the Simulation manager and wondered how to use it and if anyone here uses it.  Not quite sure what it does.

Thanks

sure. Useful when you place a lot of units on map. You can spawn them also.

My way:

- I edit some specific units I don't want to spawn (for better placement or convoy or loadout.... or scenery at start...). Not saying you can't script that. It's a choice.

usually, I white list these units by a variable if they must not interfere with the spawning script (i.e. spawning enemies without counting already edited ones).

- I script all my civilians / enemies spawning in triggers areas along with players presence. Enemies are supposed to be killed, so persistent, civilians are just for animate life, so I delete them and recreate them by distance conditions. This way, there is no civilians at all outside players areas.

You need to delete empty groups.

- you can use the old BI module simulation Manager (object modifiers). It's simple. You choose a distance and the units are hidden/Sim disabled  or shown/Sim enabled. There is a little difference between the triggering distances ON/OFF but that works. And AI simulation is coupled with AI visibility!

- you can use the 3den dynamic simulation tool,  far more sophisticated. You can read all the stuff here. The wake-up possibility is something important if you want some AIs fighting without a player's presence. Don't forget the view distance also, as extra parameter. The bad side is that you can see some frozen units (goggle or optic) because the sim is not coupled with the visibility of the unit. So, you'll set farer distances.

• Like 1

I i set simulation manager to 10 meters and did not notice any difference on fps.  My dynamic simulation is turned on also.  Would the two conflict with each other?

Thanks