_WARHAWK_

Arma 3 FPS in Alive

Hello, 

So I currently run a AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Quad-Core at 3.6GHz unclocked on a Sunflower Mobo with 32GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2666MHz UDIMM RAM. It also has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics card slotted in the PCI Express x16 3.0 slot (currently running in x8). In the Arma 3 menu I get between 100 to 300 (LOL) FPS but once I load EDEN editor and run a SP campaign I created for Alive Mod, the FPS drops to between 10 and 18 FPS. I've tried the settings from low to ultra and have the same results. The NVIDIA Control Panel settings are the recommended settings and I'm using an Onn Surf Monitor with HDMI at 1920x1080 1080P with a 59MHz refresh rate. 

Am I missing something? Why is it so low? 

Seen your post here now after replying to yours on the computer thread but ideally you want

to ask on the official release thread:

All i can suggest is look in your rpt after you run a mission and look for any odd code, conflicts and or errors

you could be missing a module, or a code or something that allows a mission to perform better, then you could also have to many things

spawning in, look at the rpt -----> C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3 to find this out it could at least give some clues.

There is a lot of questions and answers on their discord. I would highly suggest hopping in there and asking. 

https://discord.gg/Z3cYUwJ

I would start by jotting down the settings used for each module and posting them. You may need to change a setting. If you are hosting the map yourself locally, it would have to be designed in a "light" way. Hosting your scenario on another machine is your best bet.

Because it's Arma...

FPS are always over 100 in the menu. With anything more than just a handful of activity, frames can drop significantly due to the intense number of calcs per cycle when dealing with an open-world simulation like ArmA under the current game engine. It's normal for everyone.

You have to think of Arma as a sim, not a game. It's incredibly intensive and taxing on all systems. 

On 7/20/2020 at 12:19 PM, Von Quest said:

Because it's Arma...

FPS are always over 100 in the menu. With anything more than just a handful of activity, frames can drop significantly due to the intense number of calcs per cycle when dealing with an open-world simulation like ArmA under the current game engine. It's normal for everyone.

You have to think of Arma as a sim, not a game. It's incredibly intensive and taxing on all systems. 

This. 100% this.

Go through and manually adjust your settings, one at a time, and see what helps - DO NOT rely on the quality presets. My system isn't as powerful as yours and can squeak a reasonable 40-50fps on most missions - haven't tried Alive though...