Sign in to follow this  
LSValmont

Map assets alternative for BIS_fnc_objectsGrabber.

So I intent to take some map's buildings layouts and add them to another map via script or editor.

Previously I used the " BIS_fnc_objectsGrabber " command to get a template of objects on my missions but that command only works for player placed items while I need to take map maker placed objects.

How can I do that? Because replicating those layouts by hand would be extremely time consuming. 

Get some Plopper in your life...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EO said:

Get some Plopper in your life...

Looks awesome! Thanks

Checking it out 😉 

So I tried Plopper and while a great tool it seems to require the use of the terrain builder to complete the process and I am just using EDEN and want to make compositions out of map objects...

Sounds to me like you don't want to take objects you've placed in eden, but objects that are part of the map?

If you have a grabber or placer function that takes a list of objects, you can pass it the output of nearestObjects to get a list of map objects. You can run this from the debug console in the eden editor

If not then, you will probably have to code some function to save and load it manually.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KmdrFarsight said:

Highlight them all, right click, save as custom composition

Yeah Did that, then loaded it on my malden mission but it does not save nor are the composition selectables on EDEN.

Remember I am only using EDEN not the Terrain Builder...

5 hours ago, tinter said:

Sounds to me like you don't want to take objects you've placed in eden, but objects that are part of the map?

If you have a grabber or placer function that takes a list of objects, you can pass it the output of nearestObjects to get a list of map objects. You can run this from the debug console in the eden editor

If not then, you will probably have to code some function to save and load it manually.

Thank you Tinter, yeah that is exactly what I am trying to do.

I have the objects list but did not want to place them manually on the other map.

Sadly since I could not find an easy solution I am just replicating the Compositions manually so my mission will probably take me one more week to finish 😞